PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMZ View Post
well it looks like its made it onto the consumerist already.

http://consumerist.com/354384/why-is...igh+end-phones

I was impressed with how quickly they responded and I was glad they posted part of my email. I doubt it will accomplish much because Sprint will claim that that their PictureMail service only includes emailing pictures and receiving them through their website. It's a cop-out answer but I don't expect much more. It's probably something they want to monetize at some point so they won't let people do it for free right now.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:04 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
It's probably something they want to monetize at some point so they won't let people do it for free right now.
The thing is boils down to this... the phones they give away for free can send MMS but a phone that costs 300+ cant? Also how are they giving it away for free? It takes a plan or 15cents each. They all ready charge for it.

If this is a lost cause then we need some of you coders then to work with pktpix or code with the sprint picture mail site and make a app for us to use easily then sprint cant say anything about that.

I think what we all actually want is just a simple, straight, and truthful answer from sprint to why we cant use MMS. and I want it given to everyone not released to some other news website I want it on their main page. If they just reason with the people who pay them by being honest. Then more people can make a better decision as to stay with them or change carriers. Because right now where this stands I am about ready to switch phones. Because you still cant beat $30 a month on sero.

And why have a "smart" phone if its "handicapped" in areas the "dumb" phone excells.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tregrad is a n00b
Honest?.........Sprint?.........HAHAHAHAHAAHA
Old 02-08-2008, 09:21 PM
mabru2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tregrad View Post
Honest?.........Sprint?.........HAHAHAHAHAAHA
I know it is asking alot haha
Old 02-09-2008, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC S720(NFG), HTC Titan (RIP), Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Soundy is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Soundy Send a message via AIM to Soundy Send a message via MSN to Soundy Send a message via Yahoo to Soundy Send a message via Skype™ to Soundy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
The thing is boils down to this... the phones they give away for free can send MMS but a phone that costs 300+ cant? Also how are they giving it away for free? It takes a plan or 15cents each. They all ready charge for it.
The only "reasoning" I could come up with for why Telus does the same thing, is that if they limit you to sending pictures by email, they can charge you extra for a data plan... but then, I just signed up for a promotional plan giving me unlimited data usage for $15/month, so that doesn't really make sense either... plus, the only way to the get Telus's "contract" pricing on any of these smartphones ($200 for the Titan with a 3-year plan, $300/$400 for two/one year contracts) is to get a data plan along with your regular airtime plan. So email being the only way to send pictures isn't really an enticement to get the data plan, as you don't have a choice with these phones.

And as you point out, one can just as readily go to a cheaper, "normal" phone that still does MMS... which is exactly why my wife did, took back the S720 and got a KRZR instead.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:24 AM
mabru2001

Well I want to know their reasoning why the centro can do MMS but the PPC cant.. the cenrto is unlocked and just as hackable as the PPC. So its not that we can take advantage of the unlimited internet and use alot of data any more than the centro can. My brother has the centro and hes hacked it to stream live tv from home (slingbox-like), so whats the problem letting us send a few pictures? Even streaming 2 2min youtube videos uses more data than how many pictures I send in a week. I bet thats pretty close to the same for the rest of the users.

Sprint cant say its because ours is designed for "email" SO IS THE CENTRO! Then they cant say its only for business because SO IS THE CENTRO! have you seen the commercials for the centro? Its just a bunch of clips of people in suits. And the centro comes with sprint tv and MMS.

I know that if sprint plans on releasing a app for doing MMS and charging for it then there will be many here (internet land) working on making a hacked version just to spite sprint. And there goes all the money they might of made. So there is no point in even doing that.

So anyone else try calling Mondrell yet? 703-433-4401
here is the case number to refeer them to. 1533986
I dont know if just anyone can add to it or not but give it a shot.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

manthony6567 is a n00b
this is a whole bunch of crap sprint should provide us high end phone payers a feature like this but no they rather waist it on free phones and even the most horrible companies like tmobile provide there ppc's with mms dis is crap sprint is really starting to piss me off wit the crap the xv6800 from verizon has mms tmobile wing and att tilt but the mogul the best and more bought phone from sprint dosent dis is crap sprint if they were smarter they would add more entertainment things on there ppc maybe more people might buy it tell me not? like seriously i have a sidekick LX aswell and that phone has mms now i mean r yu serious the sidekick being the werst phone around

Last edited by manthony6567; 02-09-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOT ic902 temoporarily, but Mogul Permanantly

TrueArsenic is a n00b
I'm a third party sprint rep.. and all their ignorance when it comes to the Mogul makes me wanna work for someone else. Seriously, Sprint's customer service sucks, and it looks like the Corporate office went to the same customer service class that the reps did. Do they even teach anything in the sprint training classes for new reps?

I wish they could at least learn how to transfer the right way without dropping your call, or transfering you to a dial tone. It'd be nice to be able to get to the right department the first time, instead of having to call back 3 times to get to where you need to be.

I emailed customer service about the MMS issue, and the sprint rep who emailed me back said that it's up to HTC what they do with the phone.. right. They basically passed the buck and told me to call HTC.

This is rediculous.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOT ic902 temoporarily, but Mogul Permanantly

TrueArsenic is a n00b
Do you think this has reached a class action level yet?

This phone has had a pretty rocky history. When i bought the phone it was listed on Sprint.com as being GPS Enabled, implying you could use it out of the box, yet here i am, months later, still waiting for an official release of the software to use GPS...

It's pretty sad that people have to find ways to hack the phone to make it work as it SHOULD.

If sprint wants to buy the phone back from me, i'll let them, otherwise they need to fix their phone, or we will.

Last edited by TrueArsenic; 02-09-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

cwest06 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to cwest06 Send a message via MSN to cwest06 Send a message via Yahoo to cwest06
How are they not going make us pay for something and not let us use it. That bugs me. The power vision plan includes video and pic mail.
HTC Touch Diamond
HTC Touch (Thanks Channy)
Mogul 6800
PPC 6700
Treo 650
PPC 6600
Treo 600
MM 5600
Sanyo 8200
MM 5500
MM 4500
Sprint Employee 2000-2005