PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

endlessluv511 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated: 02/05 - NO LONGER WORKING on Sprint - Real Picture Mail (PicMail, MMS)

what do i have to do to send picture mail easier?
Old 02-24-2008, 11:22 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Re: Updated: 02/05 - NO LONGER WORKING on Sprint - Real Picture Mail (PicMail, MMS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessluv511 View Post
what do i have to do to send picture mail easier?
Please post your question in one place. 3 of your 5 posts ask the same question. On top of that, it is about a topic that is heavily discussed on the forum.

Please take some time to read the threads and the announcement I linked to on your thread in the Software forum.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker

AFAIK almost all header settings and information sent with Arcsoft in a picture message can be edited, as it can on hacked dumbphones. However, are we sure that Sprint is blocking access to their MMS servers on the grounds of authentication information sent with the pictures, and not simply blocking MMS access based on the account number; Sprint has all of your devices registered by ESN, and knows that you have PDA's, so is it not entirely possible that you are being blocked by esn number, rather than some Arcsoft Settings?
This would mean that there is entirely no way to circumvent the system. However, I know that some people with ppc 6700s cloned their devices, and therefore would be registered according to sprint as having different phones than they actually own. Someone with a dumbphone ESN on their apache needs to try to send an MMS, and if he can, you are being ESN blocked. If he can not, the system can be worked around, as they are blocking you because of some data that arcsoft sends.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800

Dbdubb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffUrRcker View Post
AFAIK almost all header settings and information sent with Arcsoft in a picture message can be edited, as it can on hacked dumbphones. However, are we sure that Sprint is blocking access to their MMS servers on the grounds of authentication information sent with the pictures, and not simply blocking MMS access based on the account number; Sprint has all of your devices registered by ESN, and knows that you have PDA's, so is it not entirely possible that you are being blocked by esn number, rather than some Arcsoft Settings?
This would mean that there is entirely no way to circumvent the system. However, I know that some people with ppc 6700s cloned their devices, and therefore would be registered according to sprint as having different phones than they actually own. Someone with a dumbphone ESN on their apache needs to try to send an MMS, and if he can, you are being ESN blocked. If he can not, the system can be worked around, as they are blocking you because of some data that arcsoft sends.
I have access to this type of information, this is being blocked at the server level, not an individual level.

and to the fella that wants to go to Cricket, have fun, I don't know anyone on Cricket that is using their service and jumping for joy, especially those that use the internet and like a good coverage map.

Last edited by Dbdubb; 02-29-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800

Dbdubb is a n00b

I work for Sprint Nextel like many of you and I work in the an Area that has alot to do with Data services. Unfortunately its a whole lot more complicated than Sprint just not wanting PPC users to send Pic mail, there are binding software agreements between Windows and Sprint that stipulate only certain features and functions can be preloaded with the WM devices and that these services must be approved by Microsoft. I don't know what the bickering point is between Sprint and ole Bill G. but for some reason the Pic mail client was not allowed to be loaded with the preloaded apps along with licensing with the mms programs. all that said, if we complain, we might get someone that is above me to broker something but I don't know. Everyone I have talked to has just side stepped the question and honestly there is not much focus or concern on this issue because there aren't enough complaints about it. ALL of that said. As of About 30 minutes ago Sprint is Now offering the "simply everything" plan $99 for everything....unlimited minutes (like vzw and att) but also in that package is unlimited data (including blackberry bis, navigation, etc) and unlimited txts....start calling and get those plans changed...thats one heck of deal.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:44 AM
N00b

drs6222 is a n00b

is there anything that currently works?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:11 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

Check this announcement for all the info availabe and workarounds...

Announcement: Have Sprint? Have questions about Picture Mail / MMS? Read this first! - Updated 02/29/08
Old 03-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

jayc4sc is a n00b

hey can you get a chat room type feature on the mogul the same way on the treo?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:13 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc4sc View Post
hey can you get a chat room type feature on the mogul the same way on the treo?
You may want to run a search before hijacking a completely unrelated thread.

You can either try 3rd party programs, like SMS-Chat, or try the hacked Palm Threaded SMS. However, at Palm's request, we cannot post that file here becaue it is their intellectual property.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

snakeviper360 is a n00b

can someone please explain this to me in very detailed steps alllll the was from the beginning like i just recently bought the htc mogul 6800 and need help on how you guys send these pics and videos through texts.. step one i know is plug your phone into the usb port in your computer can you guys guide me through the rest???
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan