PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can I Surf Using the Wifi on 6800 Disconnected from Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by discipler View Post
I will try to.

Try this first......
Turn on wifi and connect. go to comm manager and disconnect data connection. then when the sprint connection trys to connect keep clicking cancel. it will ask you about 4 to 5 times. then you will just have wifi connected. i just tried it and it worked.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

discipler is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly04 View Post
Try this first......
Turn on wifi and connect. go to comm manager and disconnect data connection. then when the sprint connection trys to connect keep clicking cancel. it will ask you about 4 to 5 times. then you will just have wifi connected. i just tried it and it worked.
After the hard reset, the phone is not recognizing any networks - set to accept all available. So I click to set up new network, my house one, after I name it, the setup ask for the "Network key". I called the Sprint tech people and she said that that is provided by Sprint and the wifi won't work until the phone is activated. ???
Old 12-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
After the hard reset, the phone is not recognizing any networks - set to accept all available. So I click to set up new network, my house one, after I name it, the setup ask for the "Network key". I called the Sprint tech people and she said that that is provided by Sprint and the wifi won't work until the phone is activated. ???
The Network Key is the password that you have set to your router so people wont steal free internet via wifi from you. If you know the password, put that in the Network Key text box.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:28 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:

Don't listen to them stupid reps. WiFi radio has nothing to do with the cellular radio. Most of them reps are nothing but idiots. The code is provided by Sprint? LOL! The code is for your router. If you didn't set one up then look under your box, it is under there.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Don't listen to them stupid reps. WiFi radio has nothing to do with the cellular radio. Most of them reps are nothing but idiots. The code is provided by Sprint? LOL! The code is for your router. If you didn't set one up then look under your box, it is under there.
Freakin Genius. He's right, I should of said that. The sprint reps are IDIOTS!!!!!! WOW I feel much better now. lol
Old 12-27-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly04 View Post
The Network Key is the password that you have set to your router so people wont steal free internet via wifi from you. If you know the password, put that in the Network Key text box.
You are absolutely right. I opened IE again, after entering my home key, and the updated page loaded. But after I tried to load a second page, nothing.

But it is apparent that the Sprint person didn't know what she was talking about because my internet page opened to current news. I have the phone radio off. Under the wlan settings I entered my home network number and voila, I was connected! Partially, anyway. So now I am able to connect to the internet on the off network 6800. To refresh, I did do the hard reset. And I did turn off the phone radio so that it quit trying to contact #777.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
It didn't make sense to me either. So is the number under the cable modem or under the wireless router I have sitting next to it? Is it the mac id #?

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:43 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
It didn't make sense to me either. So is the number under the cable modem or under the wireless router I have sitting next to it? Is it the mac id #?

Thanks.
You are supposed to set up the network password when you install and configure your Router. Most people just plug it in and go, hence the reason there are so many unprotected wireless networks in any given neighborhood. Look up your router online (D-Link, Netgear, whatever) and find the documentation. It will tell you how to get into the router configuration, usually by typing 192.168.0.1 into your browser. They might list a default password. If not, you can always reset the router using a pen in a small hole somewhere on the back of the router. Hope this helps.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just don't get why this won't work. The phone could be used as a sweet little PDA and internet surfer when around hotspots if the network key was provided. I'm not want it for this since I have a Touch Pro and since the phone is too good to have hanging around for this, but I'm just saying.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:23 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I like how most people leave WiFi unprotected. Here in Cali you can go anywhere and almost always get a WiFi signal. I like Pocket WiFi Radar.

Another way to change password is go to 192.168.1.1, password is asally admin or admin1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan