PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: anyone one know how to make the phone read an 8gig sd card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
you have a TP listed as your phone under your UN but a 6800 listed in your sig line. i figured you were talking about the TP since you said you just got the phone. if its the 6800 then upgrading to 6.1 should fix it. i thought i read somewhere about a cab that would up the recognized GB's on the 6800 but not sure if i saw that here or over on XDA.
Im sorry I updated that after your post, my signature line. I just got the phone yesterday.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

follow it to a T and enjoy a custom rom. it will do everything you want and more. including seeing that 8gig card. download the kitchen and update that first, then follow that post.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

follow it to a T and enjoy a custom rom. it will do everything you want and more. including seeing that 8gig card. download the kitchen and update that first, then follow that post.
Thanks for all of your wonderful help. Im going to look into the custom rom. Ive never done anything like that before. I just did my first real tweaking back in Feb. so Im still considered a newbie. If I use a custom rom can I get it back to factory default if I don't like or do something wrong?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yep. there are instructions on how to go back to stock floating around here somewhere. its almost the same as putting a custom rom on other than you have to relock the phone. trust me though, once you start using a custom rom, you wont go back.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
yep. there are instructions on how to go back to stock floating around here somewhere. its almost the same as putting a custom rom on other than you have to relock the phone. trust me though, once you start using a custom rom, you wont go back.

I totally agree. Reading all the different posts on the subject I know I would never go back to all that crap the Carriers place on the phones. I asked VZW what was VZW APP on my TP. They told me it was a management application. Well okay I told them that was my whole purpose of buying a Windows phone so I can accomplish that task, I don't need them to put extra stuff taking all of my memory. That's a whole other thread. Thanks again for your advice.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP2, Vogue, HD2(Android 2.2.1/WP7)
Carrier: Sprint

Mike G. is keeping up the good workMike G. is keeping up the good work

I don't understand why you would have to use a custom rom unless it's just the difference in carriers. I have A Sprint Mogul with the stock wm6.1 rom from HTC.com and my 16gb card works fine.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
I don't understand why you would have to use a custom rom unless it's just the difference in carriers. I have A Sprint Mogul with the stock wm6.1 rom from HTC.com and my 16gb card works fine.
Can you give me the link to this. Will this work for VZW phones? XV6800 and the Mogul are the same phone just different carriers.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
i believe it was a programming thing from win6. the 6.1 fixed it. i also thought there was a reg hack or even a cab to fix it but no one posted it so i guess i read that wrong.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I DID IT. I found the upgrade on the HTC website and did the ROM upgrade. I can finally read my 8 gig card again. Thanks again for all the posts and great ideals.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan