PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need advice on the best BASIC rom...

well, the easiest way to update the radio is to find the radio file and download it to your SD card. then you have to rename it TITAIMG.nbh and put your phone in bootloader mode. it will do the rest. that also works for flashing. take the rom and rename it TITAIMG.nbh and put it on your card then bootloader and your golden. make sure to delete the other one off the card first. and then delete this one before you use your card for anything else. also, it has to be in the root file. F:\ it cant be in a folder. if you need any more help this is the thread i used to flash my phone the first time. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857
Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Sweet, thanks, I'm less frightened after reading that thread.

Do I even NEED to update my radio though? From what I read I think I have the right version, I have the very latest GPS enabled one...
Old 12-10-2008, 01:14 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im running 3.42.50 and as far as i know thats the latest one. but i believe any 3.42.XX is gps. i had a link to all the radios and now cant remember where it was. i will see if i can find it.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

ok, just checked and yes your radio is GPS so all you need to do is download the rom you want, looks like your going with DCD's, move it to your card then rename it TITAIMG.nbh and enter bootloader. thats push the power button, camera button and the reset button. just hold them till the tri colored screen comes up and your done. it should auto boot the rom from the SD card.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff

OK, I did it, it went fine & it's nice & zippy. I have a problem though- I cannot disable ClearType in messaging! Help, it's hurting my eyes...
Old 12-12-2008, 10:19 AM
VIP Member

i have no idea what clear type is. if its a keyboard you can click on the little arrow that shows up next to the little keyboard icon on the bottom of the screen and pick another keyboard. when the keyboard pops up you will see it.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Alltel

brettokok is just getting started

na i think its something that smoothes the edges on typing and programs n crap right?
Old 12-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Yeah ^ I ended up flashing back to stock though, I dunno what happened but the minute I started installing programs everything started locking up like crazy & nothing would work right, even after another hard reset. Oh well.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:17 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

DCD 3.3.4 is what I'm running right now. It works great for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan