PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 12:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: The Now Network

pure_player52 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can not connect to PC. Only battery charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcengineer View Post
I tried everything you have tried, then I finally out of desperation pulled the battery and sprayed some electronics contact cleaner directly into the usb port from the bottom of my Titan. Nothin' immediately improved (after blowing it dry for 10 minutes), but the next day it worked flawlessly and has since, including booting beyond the boot screen without the usb cable plugged in, sync'ing, etc.

Hope this helps.
i used a power blower at work spraying air at 2200 PSI and it still didnt clean it lol

but i went to sprint store and the guy there couldnt transfer my contacts bcause it wouldnt connect but to come in on monday for the tech
Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 PM
peachyracer

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

yeah, I'm having the same problem...charge but no sync. Mine is intermittent though. I was having the problem, and I tried rebooting both PC and PPC. I got it to connect after many tries, so I flashed a new rom while I had the chance. It seemed to work for a few days after that, but now today, no dice. If I can't get it to work consistently, I think I might try to flash a stock rom and take it in under warranty (3 weeks to go). If I can't control my frustration, I'll try a BFH, and let you know if that works.
Pete
Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900
Carrier: Sprint

Table83 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure_player52 View Post
i used a power blower at work spraying air at 2200 PSI and it still didnt clean it lol

but i went to sprint store and the guy there couldnt transfer my contacts bcause it wouldnt connect but to come in on monday for the tech

I had this problem with my 6700. There are 2 solutions. The easiest solution is Microsofts new "My Phone" You sync your phone over the air. The link is here: http://myphone.microsoft.com. I had a problem with the server duplicating my contacts so I don't really like it that much, but I gotto give microsoft props for offering it. It's a great service and it has done me well. Google also has something called goosync that wrks well. Both are free.

The other option I personally prefer is to connect via bluetooth. On you phone go to activesync and click menu and then "sync via bluetooth." Obviously your computer needs bluetooth. I bought my bluetooth fob for $10 on ebay.

It works great. Once you sync bring the phone to the store and they should be able to fix the USB port or replace the phone.

Last edited by Table83; 03-24-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:44 AM
peachyracer

Didn't know about the microsoft sync thing, but I have sync'd via bluetooth. For me, updating isn't a problem at all. I sync'd very recently so all my stuff is already on my computer.

My biggest question is whether I need to flash a stock rom before I bring it in to USCC. There seems to be some debate about it from people on both sides who are equally passionate. I suppose if I can get it to connect by chance, I might as well flash the stocker. eh? Or don't I even need to worry about that with USCC?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachyracer View Post
Didn't know about the microsoft sync thing, but I have sync'd via bluetooth. For me, updating isn't a problem at all. I sync'd very recently so all my stuff is already on my computer.

My biggest question is whether I need to flash a stock rom before I bring it in to USCC. There seems to be some debate about it from people on both sides who are equally passionate. I suppose if I can get it to connect by chance, I might as well flash the stocker. eh? Or don't I even need to worry about that with USCC?
None of the cellular carriers will warranty a device that has a third party ROM so yeah, it's best to flash back to stock before returning.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:03 AM
peachyracer

Well, here's a new wrinkle. It would connect after I flashed the a new rom, so I thought maybe it was because I took the battery out after the flash. So I tried it, and it worked the first time I turned the phone on and then plugged in the USB. I didn't do a hard reset, just turned it back on. Maybe it was luck or just happened to be the occasional time that it did connect. dunno, but thought I'd pass it along.
Pete
Old 03-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: He-Dro
Carrier: Sprint

ppced is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by upirish22 View Post
Help!! For some reason my mogul will no longer communicate with my pc. It will only charge the battery..nothing else not even recognize at an external storage device. I tried to re-flash but the ph pc will not even detect the device when it is in boot loader screen mode. I have reformatted pc, and reinstalled wmdc but still no connectivity establesihed to any pc....only battery charging works. Any ideas...It seems this problem started right after I tried to use internet connection sharing and tether it to my laptop. Is there a registry tweak or something I can do to get this connection established? or can I flash from the sd card? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I have about 2 or 3 usb cables to sync my computer and Mogul depending on where I'm at (work, home, travel). I have had the exact problems. I could not get my mogul to sync...it would start up and disconnect after a minute or less. I got a totally different cable and now the problem has not came up since. (1month ago) Also look into establishing a bluetooth connection with your computer. You can buy a bluetooth adapter for less than 20$ I just got one and it is pretty sweet! If you try these let me know if it helps.
Holla!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv-6800
Carrier: Cricket

DenverDev is a n00b

Just a quick thought, but did you check to make sure that in the comm manager, connections, connections that the Synchronize all PC's using this connection and then just below it should be a drop down menu with USB, the box is checked?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel/VZ

ourgangmn is a n00b

OK, I updated my Alltel ROM to WM 6.1 last week and after the initial ROM upgrade (3.52.671.9) and initial sync I can't get Active Sync to recognize that my device is connected to my laptop (XP). I have seen this be a problem for Vista users, but after one sync I am completely unable to sync.
Also, this was supposed to allow GPS but Google Maps and Garmin XT give me the message that no GPS receiver is present. (Phone Location Setting is On, External GPS port is set to COM4)
Any ideas out there?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:11 PM
peachyracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDev View Post
Just a quick thought, but did you check to make sure that in the comm manager, connections, connections that the Synchronize all PC's using this connection and then just below it should be a drop down menu with USB, the box is checked?
Well, I went looking for such a setting, but my comm manager didn't have that option. Maybe it's the same destination/different road but I went to start/settings/connections/USB to PC and I unchecked the "Enable advanced networking" box. It says right there "If you are having trouble connecting to your computer, uncheck advanced network functionality." So I did...and it did...connect I mean. Again, maybe it was just luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourgangmn View Post
OK, I updated my Alltel ROM to WM 6.1 last week and after the initial ROM upgrade (3.52.671.9) and initial sync I can't get Active Sync to recognize that my device is connected to my laptop (XP). I have seen this be a problem for Vista users, but after one sync I am completely unable to sync.
Also, this was supposed to allow GPS but Google Maps and Garmin XT give me the message that no GPS receiver is present. (Phone Location Setting is On, External GPS port is set to COM4)
Any ideas out there?
I don't know if this helps or not, but just to give you some settings from a GPS that is working, under the start/settings/connections/External GPS in the Programs tab, my GPS program port is COM4, under the Hardware tab, my GPS hardware port is set to (None) with a baud rate of 4800, and under the access tab, the "Manage GPS automatically" box is checked. Maybe that doesn't tell you squat, but hey, it's the squat that's on my Titan. (no sexual innuendo intended).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan