PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Can not connect to PC. Only battery charge (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43394)

upirish22 11-06-2008 09:07 AM

Can not connect to PC. Only battery charge

Help!! For some reason my mogul will no longer communicate with my pc. It will only charge the battery..nothing else not even recognize at an external storage device. I tried to re-flash but the ph pc will not even detect the device when it is in boot loader screen mode. I have reformatted pc, and reinstalled wmdc but still no connectivity establesihed to any pc....only battery charging works. Any ideas...It seems this problem started right after I tried to use internet connection sharing and tether it to my laptop. Is there a registry tweak or something I can do to get this connection established? or can I flash from the sd card? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

upirish22 11-06-2008 10:40 AM

Re: Can not connect to PC. Only battery charge

OK I found out how to flash via sd card....This is very easy to do and I like better than doing it through the connection to pc via usb.....I am flashing now ....hope this reflash will cure my synch problem.

upirish22 11-06-2008 01:03 PM

OK Flashing is no problem...synching is a problem. I can not get my mogul to synch with Vista Ultimate SP1 running WMDC 6.1 using any NueRom custom Rom. I also have tried different USB ports and usb cables. No Dice! All I get is a charge from my laptop to the Phone. Any Ideas????

RefAshe 11-06-2008 07:45 PM

I was getting the same problem. Activesync just stopped recognizing my phone. It started last night, and I couldn't figure out what went wrong.

I just reinstalled Activesync 4.5 on my PC and everything is working fine now. Strange.

btw, is there anyway to stop activesync from running on my phone when I'm roaming but still work when I connect it to my PC? I'm often driving thru the country where sprint service is bad and whenever I lose a signal or go into roaming, activesync will automatically open up and drain the battery. I'm aware of the "create a profile then delete it" technique but does that work for my problem and will I still be able to use activesync when I connect my phone via usb to my PC?

bsgjunkie 11-06-2008 10:14 PM

One thing to try is going into the device manager and uninstall the USB Controllers (all of them). Then restart you machine and try to plug the phone in. Upon the restart the system will first install the drivers for the USB, then they'll recognize the devices on the USB and try to install them as well. If you do this, and the computer do not see the phone still, you'll know its a hardware issue.

pure_player52 03-19-2009 09:02 PM

i have tried just about everything i think my moguls USB thing is broken but why does it work to charge

demonlordoftheround 03-19-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pure_player52 (Post 784197)
i have tried just about everything i think my moguls USB thing is broken but why does it work to charge

The charging and syncing use different pins in the usb port.

mastergadgets 03-20-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pure_player52 (Post 784197)

Make sure you are using the original USB cable. Some of them will not support data connection.

pure_player52 03-20-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastergadgets (Post 785125)
Make sure you are using the original USB cable. Some of them will not support data connection.

yeah im using the original one i got with the phone

tbcengineer 03-21-2009 04:11 PM

I tried everything you have tried, then I finally out of desperation pulled the battery and sprayed some electronics contact cleaner directly into the usb port from the bottom of my Titan. Nothin' immediately improved (after blowing it dry for 10 minutes), but the next day it worked flawlessly and has since, including booting beyond the boot screen without the usb cable plugged in, sync'ing, etc.

Hope this helps.