PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The Last Stand (Force a Mogul Recall)

I've never had any problem with my Mogul, same as half the people who posted in this thread so far. So please tell me where you got your 98% figure from. As for a recall on an EOL product, it will never happen. Even if the Mogul was released yesterday the chance for a recall would be slim. Recalls are usually only done for products that may present a potential hazzard, ie an exploding battery.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

munkeeboy is a n00b

never had no problems with my mogul
Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

devinc is keeping up the good workdevinc is keeping up the good work

I love my XV 6800. No problems whatsoever. Took a bit of time to tweak to my liking, but now it is pretty much perfect, as evidenced by my not really seeing anything new I want to load onto it.

In fact, having looked extensively at other options (iphone, various touches, etc) I am convinced that the 6800 is the best thing out there...for me.

Devin
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinc View Post
I love my XV 6800. No problems whatsoever. Took a bit of time to tweak to my liking, but now it is pretty much perfect, as evidenced by my not really seeing anything new I want to load onto it.

In fact, having looked extensively at other options (iphone, various touches, etc) I am convinced that the 6800 is the best thing out there...for me.
That is basically how I feel also. My 6800 works so perfectly now that it actually bores me as I love to tweak & try new stuff & I can't think of one more thing to do to it.........

I can watch 200 channels of cable TV (including on demand channels using Sling Mobile), play full length movies from my 16 gig card, listen to both Sirius & XM radio, listen to over 500 mp3 files, text/MMS & navigate with GPS.

Using nue3 I can multi-task with no problems & it never freezes or crashes at all. I use ICS to connect my laptop to my data plan all the time.

I also looked at all the other options available & if any one excited me more than what I am currently using I would swap to it in a heartbeat. The guys I work with that have iphones are totally amazed at all the things my system will do that an ip cannot do.

I will state once again that the people you see *****ing daily on this site about their phones are only a very tiny fraction of the total number of these phones that are actually in the marketplace. Most users are using the phones exactly the way they come from the box & are perfectly happy with them.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:43 PM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

im now on my 5th in a year and 3 mos, ( bad D pad, bad keyboard, and white spots, white spots, white spots. ) so yes its pretty jacked up that we get to pay so much for such a piece of krap......now don't get me wrong, as long as they keep me in refurbs ill stick with it. and when my contract is up ill be outta there
Old 11-03-2008, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

By the way, I have had a few 6800's. I keep a spare around as a test bed for ROM's/beta software etc. That way, I can test anything I want without endangering my "work phone"

My very first 6800 did have a small 'white spot" in the lower left. The spot was not visible at all times, did not affect the operation of the phone in any way, & I never even reallized it was a defect until I read about it on this site..........

~John
Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 PM
VIP Member

I guess there is one problem I don't have to worry about. When I bought my first 6800, I swore I would never own a phone that didn't have a hardware keyboard.

Now, I have gotten so used to using the Gullum Diamond KB in portrait T9 that I never even use the hardware KB (I can't remember the last time I used it). I use sms-chat with that T9 setup & the only time I ever take my system out of portrait mode is when watching a movie or a football game.

~John
Old 11-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz
Threadstarter

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Didn't we do this dance already?

I've never seen these spots (seriously) can someone post a photo of them, and exactly how hot do you need to make the device to get them (and what do you do to make it that hot?)

I must be in the 2% w/o complaints. Mine works fine.

Remind me again what the 3 fatal flaws are?
1. "White Spots". It was said that this is caused by a side effect from overheating during the use of the silent ring/vibrate function, but I don't readily believe it.
Perhaps it's caused by the battery, but no one has ever figured this out to my knowledge. Regardless, white spots does indeed occur on the vast majority of these units after a span of time, and it's to no fault of the customer.

2. Lock ups, keyboard issues: general "memory problems".
3. GPS problems, BT connectivity issues: general "chipset problems".

Don't even get us all started on how Internet Explorer is practically worthless for all but the most simplistic of web pages. Or how GPS wouldn't even work at all for the first several months until they released an update.

Of course we came up with work-arounds for some issues, but that doesn't mean we have to be happy about being mislead or not to expect fairness....ex: let me switch product for one I choose and let me pay the difference.

The cat's out of the bag, and there are plenty of Ragin Idiot's that bought into the garbage that Sprint sold them and now only want honest justice to be served. I understand all too well that neither Sprint, nor anyone else, will have a recall on this phone, but my point is that it's up to the individual to force the recall for their INDIVIDUAL phone via swapping it out until Sprint runs out of Moguls or goes ahead and issues the upgrade. Others have done this with great success, and I'm already on my third one now. It's becoming comical now, as each one has had the same problems, and the tech initially said otherwise but is now agreeing with me.
How could I sell one of these phones that has "White Spots" on the screen without advertising that they are there (or will appear)...and still make half the cost that Sprint is selling them.

There may be Sprint people who don't want people to talk bad about Sprint and would try to thwart this by living and breathing on the forums and squashing each negative post with a positive one, but like another poster said, wait 10 minutes in any Sprint repair store and you'll see what's actually happening in the real world here.

Unfortunately there are those that don't know how to explain things, and those that just try to manipulate the system without understanding why the system needs manipulating. I'm only pushing for a fight back for a solution to Sprint acting unethically.

Simply restated, if everyone was to return the defective products then eventually they would run out (or give up) and start issuing other options.
Apparently many have already received an upgraded model phone for doing just that.

Last edited by Raging Idiot; 11-03-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
1. "White Spots".
Regardless, white spots does indeed occur on the vast majority of these units after a span of time, and it's to no fault of the customer.
So I have had mine for 10 months, no spots. Not enough time?
Quote:
2. Lock ups, keyboard issues: general "memory problems".
No problems. Unit behaves as if it was running WM6.1 in 64mb ram.
Quote:
Stock WM6.1 rom, not seeing any of these.

Damn I am lucky.
Quote:
Don't even get us all started on how Internet Explorer is practically worthless for all but the most simplistic of web pages.
So, that's WM6.1, not HTC.
Quote:
Or how GPS wouldn't even work at all for the first several months until they released an update.
Which was hardly a secret. And now GPS outperforms the much more expensive Tilt on AT&T for lock speed. I know, I have them both and have repeated the test several times.

Quote:
There may be Sprint people who don't want people to talk bad about Sprint and would try to thwart this by living and breathing on the forums and squashing each negative post with a positive one, but like another poster said, wait 10 minutes in any Sprint repair store and you'll see what's actually happening in the real world here.
I don't work for sprint or HTC or Verizon or anyone else who sold this phone. I just don't see how anyone could be surprised by what they got with a Mogul.

Quote:
Simply restated, if everyone was to return the defective products then eventually they would run out (or give up) and start issuing other options.
Apparently many have already received an upgraded model phone for doing just that.
So go for it. Just don't claim that 98% of all moguls are defective. Because that really doesn't help your cause.

CAN ANYONE WITH THESE WHITE SPOTS POST A VIDEO OR PHOTO? ANYONE AT ALL... ALL YOU 98% WITH THEM, POST A SHOT SO I CAN SEE EM!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post

Don't even get us all started on how Internet Explorer is practically worthless for all but the most simplistic of web pages. .
You definitely aren't "speaking for the masses" here. I have had/modded/used/sold four verizon xv6800's & never had a single GPS issue & my Motorola stereo BT headsets work perfectly (all three of them, even with MSVC)

I'm not sure how you blame HTC for IE, HTC didn't write the browser.........

Maybe it's only the sprint phones that are defective, I used to have Sprint & dumped it because their horrible service was totally unacceptable (& I got it for free). I now pay for verizon (even though I could still have free sprint service).

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan