PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bones20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul (Sprint): Question on upgrading ROM from 3.35.651.2 to 3.56.651.0

I haven't yet upgraded my Mogul to the latest ROM update. I am still running the 3.35.651.2 Sprint ROM. I am very happy with my current ROM with all the required software configured to the T. In this case, I was wondering if there is any benefit to upgrading to the latest ROM.

Sprint website says about the following benefits:
1. Upgrades the operating system from Windows Mobile® 6.0 Professional to Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
2. Adds Sprint TV
3. Includes all enhancements incorporated in previous software upgrades including:
EV-DO Rev. A functionality for faster download and upload speeds when utilizing data services wherever EV-DO Rev. A coverage is available
Advanced GPS functionality including the Sprint Navigation application
Adds a Task Manager to the Today screen for easier access and management of running programs

Out of the above, I already have sprint Tv and have both google maps and Iguidance working. So apparently, my only benefit will be task manager and WM6.1. I have learnt that it also adds threaded SMS support which is not something important for me as of now. Also I read a few reviews of WM 6.1 and most are saying that the upgrade is worth for smartphones not so much for PPCs.

Questions:
1. Are there any significant improvements in WM 6.1 over WM 6.0?
2 Will I be able to use my sprite backup archive of my current ROM running WM 6.0 and apply that to the new ROM running WM 6.1? This is an important one. If this is a no, then it will be a lot of work to get the phone to its current state
3. Are there any software compatibility issues in WM6.1? Do all the softwares and configurations work across both the ROMs? Any known issues?

P. S.: I already have the old Stock ROM RUU and my latest sprite backup. So it wont be a problem coming back to the current ROM
Old 10-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Mogul (Sprint): Question on upgrading ROM from 3.35.651.2 to 3.56.651.0

I think it's faster and more stable. But I think Sprint botched a few apps but fixes are around if you search. Why not cook your own ROM?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I think it's faster and more stable. But I think Sprint botched a few apps but fixes are around if you search. Why not cook your own ROM?
Havent done that before plus might take a lot of time. I do have the ppckitchen and got a feel for it. seems doable but not sure if it would be worth it. As I said, the ppc in its current form is quite acceptable.

thanks boss for your reply.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:27 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

YW. But I've found building a ROM based on 20273 is quite stable and you can include a lot of software automatically.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
YW. But I've found building a ROM based on 20273 is quite stable and you can include a lot of software automatically.
Newbie questions:

1) Which version of unlocker should I be using?
This thread has several versions and its confusing:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9093

As far as I understand, I think the second link is the one I should be using?
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...rd-SPL-MFG.exe

2) Does the unlocker make the phone unusable? I mean can I just unlock the phone now and leave for flashing a custom ROM later or once I unlock it, the phone has to be reflashed?

thanks

EDIT: I tired running the Titanunlocker.bat, it copied some files, asked me to diconnect and reconnect. The RUU then popped up and warned me that everything on the device would be wiped off and I stopped there. The phone is still working fine and I see the Manufacturer SPL 2.06.

Last edited by bones20; 10-16-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

LoneSnark is keeping up the good workLoneSnark is keeping up the good work

If you are still thinking about the stock rom, I wouldn't do it. It does seem a little faster when rotating the screen but some games which were perfectly stable before now have the tendency to crash but more importantly, while everything supported 6.0 (fring, skype, TCPMP, etc) so far nothing I have found supports 6.1 for internet calling. To get DivX playback again I had to get Coreplayer. Maybe a cooked OS would not suffer these problems, so if you are going to try that go right ahead. But if I had it to do over with, I would not have upgraded.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I too am still sitting on 6.0 coz everything I need works alright. I am aware that Skype which I rely on for overseas call doesn't work on 6.1 yet,Tcmp has some probs.....on the other hand I toyed with 6.1 a little and noticed a good memory size start up, one mogul had about 47% mem in use at start up w/o any adds on though. Anyway, I am staying put as of now, if I am cooking something up it will be dinner..
Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

rain1177 is a n00b

i havent switched over to the new rom yet either still on the custom rom with windows 6.0, and correct me if i am wrong the phone as a modem feature doesnt work with the new rom??? i dont think i will be switching roms anytime soon unless they have some nice feature like the NFL mobile live
Old 10-16-2008, 10:26 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Yeah you are right Rain, however there is a registry hack for that. Oh well, still staying put...
Old 10-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.

1) Read this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857
2) You don't need to run it to use stock ROMs but to flash aftermarket ROMs as described in the thread above you need it. I recommend it anyway and learn to play in BuildOS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan