PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

bones20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul (Sprint): Question on upgrading ROM from 3.35.651.2 to 3.56.651.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
1) Read this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857
2) You don't need to run it to use stock ROMs but to flash aftermarket ROMs as described in the thread above you need it. I recommend it anyway and learn to play in BuildOS.
Quote:
2) Does the unlocker make the phone unusable? I mean can I just unlock the phone now and leave for flashing a custom ROM later or once I unlock it, the phone has to be reflashed?
Old 10-17-2008, 03:16 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

2) Unlocker just allows third party ROMs to be flashed. That is all. Sorry I missed your question. I think Olipro requires a radio if you don't have it above 3.35 but if you use nueSPL and follow directions it should work out fine.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
2) Unlocker just allows third party ROMs to be flashed. That is all. Sorry I missed your question. I think Olipro requires a radio if you don't have it above 3.35 but if you use nueSPL and follow directions it should work out fine.
I think you still didnt understand my question. Let me detail:
- Lets say I dont want to flash "custom ROM" right away. But out of curiosity just want to unlock the device. can I just unlock the device right now and kee running my stock ROM. What happened is that I followed the instructions for unlocking and it popped up the RUU utility which warned me that the device will be wiped off. So does it mean that once I unlock my phone, the phone will be blanked off and will have to be reflashed with a new ROM?

thanks
Old 10-17-2008, 01:19 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you run nueSPL I believe it doesn't wipe out what you already have. Sorry I didn't understand your question. LOL!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I tried the nueSPL tool. After the last step in the wizard, it would open of the rainbow screen with the following:
TITA100
SPL-2.07No2Chem Titan SPL EVT
CPLD-9

I waited for 4-5 minutes but it doesnt do anything further. I had no choice but to reset it again and when I go into the bootloader, it shows the SPL-2.06. Am am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I figured the problem. I was using an 8Gb card. card size whould be less the 2GB. After I used a smaller card, things went smooth. I have successfully unlocked the phone. thanks to MrObvious.

Last edited by bones20; 10-17-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

LoneSnark is keeping up the good workLoneSnark is keeping up the good work

Just to verify, is it the case that the list of programs that fail to function on the latest stock ROM of WM6.1 (such as fring and skype) will similarly fail to work on any custom ROM which is using WM6.1? Or is it a configuration issue that is independent of the OS version?

Thants!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:52 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Glad to help! It's a problem with WM 6.1 but I believe you can get Skype to work through a headset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Glad to help! It's a problem with WM 6.1 but I believe you can get Skype to work through a headset.
One more thing. I am not going to leave you so easily

Quote:
2 Will I be able to use my sprite backup archive of my current ROM running WM 6.0 and apply that to the new ROM running WM 6.1? This is an important one. If this is a no, then it will be a lot of work to get the phone to its current state
Old 10-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

vlibo is a n00b

Guys,
I've searched but came up empty, a friend updated his mogul with the new ROM and now it boots to the spl screen only. he brought it to me and I was able to get it to boot to the start screen by plugging it in to a wall charger and soft boot. I've tried re flashing it and hard reset to no avail. any help would be welcome.

vlibo
Old 10-19-2008, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlibo View Post
Guys,
I've searched but came up empty, a friend updated his mogul with the new ROM and now it boots to the spl screen only. he brought it to me and I was able to get it to boot to the start screen by plugging it in to a wall charger and soft boot. I've tried re flashing it and hard reset to no avail. any help would be welcome.

vlibo
Could be related to this?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9229

Found it at this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9093

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan