PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   how do i hard reset htc titan? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40164)

Lylej2k 10-12-2008 05:33 PM

Re: how do i hard reset htc titan?

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellep_702 (Post 455876)
it was with the alltel rom flash the one frm htc
no change to phone still says
TITA100
SPL-1.20.0lipro

You cant flash the rom until the phone is unlocked. You need to run the Olipro 2.40 unlocker that was posted a few posts back. Your tri-colored screen needs to say olipro 2.40 before you flash the rom.

justpctech 10-12-2008 05:37 PM

Hmmm...yes the bootloader will still say that until you get the unlocker to run correctly. so you didnt actually get the HTC rom to flash then because of that error? so you are still stuck in bootloader mode at this time...

justpctech 10-12-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lylej2k (Post 455878)
You cant flash the rom until the phone is unlocked. You need to run the Olipro 2.40 unlocker that was posted a few posts back. Your tri-colored screen needs to say olipro 2.40 before you flash the rom.

the problem is she cant flash unlocker from bootloader mode. it MUST be done from in windows mobile. thats why the flash back to a stock rom is needed- so she can boot into windows mobile to flash the unlocker. it shouldnt be any problem flashing a stock rom though, not sure what error 290 is without more information. it usually tells you what the error is related too.

Lylej2k 10-12-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpctech (Post 455881)
the problem is she cant flash unlocker from bootloader mode. it MUST be done from in windows mobile. thats why the flash back to a stock rom is needed- so she can boot into windows mobile to flash the unlocker. it shouldnt be any problem flashing a stock rom though, not sure what error 290 is without more information. it usually tells you what the error is related too.

I know, is she trying to flash a stock rom in this post below? or is it an upgraded one? I'm confused as to where she is in the whole process. lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellep_702 (Post 455876)
it was with the alltel rom flash the one frm htc
no change to phone still says
TITA100
SPL-1.20.0lipro

justpctech 10-12-2008 06:45 PM

haha...ya me too. thats why i'm waiting for more info, but guess she gave up for the time being. she was trying to flash the latest Alltel release from HTC Support I linked her too earlier.

Lylej2k 10-12-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpctech (Post 455945)
haha...ya me too. thats why i'm waiting for more info, but guess she gave up for the time being. she was trying to flash the latest Alltel release from HTC Support I linked her too earlier.

And that is a Stock rom, so with that bootloader it should flash. correct?

justpctech 10-12-2008 09:00 PM

it "should" yes, thats why I want more info on that error 290. never heard of that one and would like to know what other info the RUU gives on it if any.

flyers2114 10-12-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpctech (Post 456050)
it "should" yes, thats why I want more info on that error 290. never heard of that one and would like to know what other info the RUU gives on it if any.

Did the OP ever post the current rom and radio on the phone prior to flashing.....just curious if it has a pre gps radio....and curious as to what has been done in general....having a hard time making heads or tails of exactly what has been done....there were threads started all over the place...lol

hibby50 10-12-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 455675)
hibby, i must say you deserve a combat medal for all you help you gave op on this problem. i thought all was lost. its people like you that make this site very usefull. good job. p.s i hate the devils lol

wow thank you
p.s. i have nothing against the penguins but sid the kid is into to much advertising and is full of himself otherwise hes awesome

pps i hate the rangers

hibby50 10-12-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 455675)
hibby, i must say you deserve a combat medal for all you help you gave op on this problem. i thought all was lost. its people like you that make this site very usefull. good job. p.s i hate the devils lol

wow thank you

p.s. i have nothing against the penguins but sid the kid is into to much advertising and is full of himself otherwise hes awesome

p.p.s. i hate the rangers