PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   how do i hard reset htc titan? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40164)

Lylej2k 10-12-2008 02:55 PM

Re: how do i hard reset htc titan?

1 Attachment(s)
You need to run the Hard spl that hibby posted earlier. After that runs your tricolored screen should say Olipro 2.40. if you're stuck in the bootloader screen you can run the attached file. that should get you out of the BL and back to the phone.

justpctech 10-12-2008 02:55 PM

michellep_702: what carrier are you with? The only way to fix this now is to flash back to a stock rom, then start over with the unlocker (Olipro 2.40). It must be run while the device is in windows mobile. If you will tell me what carrier you use I can find you a stock rom to flash to your device so you can get this right.
Then you can follow my directions at the following link for the unlocker- it will describe EXACTLY what you should be seeing as you go through the process.

How to unlock a 6800

Lylej2k 10-12-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpctech (Post 455730)
michellep_702: what carrier are you with? The only way to fix this now is to flash back to a stock rom, then start over with the unlocker (Olipro 2.40). It must be run while the device is in windows mobile. If you will tell me what carrier you use I can find you a stock rom to flash to your device so you can get this right.
Then you can follow my directions at the following link for the unlocker- it will describe EXACTLY what you should be seeing as you go through the process.

How to unlock a 6800

Excellent guide justpctech.

michellep_702 10-12-2008 02:58 PM

well im with alltel.
i bought my fone off ebay
n it had the alltel software on it but i guess it was unlocked already i think
but i really do appreciate the help i do.. thank you soo much.

flyers2114 10-12-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellep_702 (Post 455733)
well im with alltel.
i bought my fone off ebay
n it had the alltel software on it but i guess it was unlocked already i think

It was not un-locked..... follow what Justpctech posted....you need to un-lock with 2.40 or 2.47....then you can flash...you also need to make sure you have a radio 3.35 or higher for a GPS enabled rom....which most of them are now....this is done after un-locking...

One thing is stay in this thread as I posted before...we will get you going one way or the other....just stay here and leave the other threads alone...

justpctech 10-12-2008 03:07 PM

haha...ya, i should maybe learn to READ better huh? its right there in the name of the thread. ok...alltel just released a rom a few days ago, that will work and leave you with the latest radio too. You can download it from the HTC support site at this link- http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=114

we kind of need to know if your device will boot into windows mobile or not now to continue. or if you can some into the kitchen chat we can work faster that way. go to ppckitchen.org and click on the Chatroom link at the top right.

flyers2114 10-12-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpctech (Post 455743)
haha...ya, i should maybe learn to READ better huh? its right there in the name of the thread. ok...alltel just released a rom a few days ago, that will work and leave you with the latest radio too. You can download it from the HTC support site at this link- http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=114

we kind of need to know if your device will boot into windows mobile or not now to continue. or if you can some into the kitchen chat we can work faster that way. go to ppckitchen.org and click on the Chatroom link at the top right.

lol....+1 on this....

michellep_702 10-12-2008 03:20 PM

ok it wont go in windows mobile mode it's still stayin on the tri colored screen

justpctech 10-12-2008 03:25 PM

ya thats what i figured. ok...it will still flash from bootloader (tri-colored screen) if it says USB on it when you plug your ActiveSync cable into it. if that is the case, just run that exe that you downloaded from HTC Support site and let it complete. it will reset the phone when it is done and it should boot into windows mobile again. then you can run the unlocker (Olipro 2.40) again properly.
if you can get into the kitchen chatroom this would go a lot faster here, but either way.

michellep_702 10-12-2008 03:28 PM

lol im such a newbie to this what type of rom do i have im trying to log into the ppckitchen chat