PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   how do i hard reset htc titan? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40164)

hibby50 10-12-2008 09:48 PM

Re: how do i hard reset htc titan?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh flash to a rom then sync and flash the BL again mustve done something wrong then reflash the rom

flyers2114 10-12-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 456092)
wow thank you
p.s. i have nothing against the penguins but sid the kid is into to much advertising and is full of himself otherwise hes awesome

pps i hate the rangers

Wow what a surprise.....a Devils fan hating the Rangers.....lol

BTW......Philly fan here.....

darren.wlsn1 10-12-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 456094)
wow thank you

p.s. i have nothing against the penguins but sid the kid is into to much advertising and is full of himself otherwise hes awesome

p.p.s. i hate the rangers

sid loves himself? he doesnt double post. lol p.s also hate the rangers edit, ya know i hate the flyers even more. look tough this year i must admit,still hate um. lol

michellep_702 10-13-2008 02:26 AM

i think its' just my usb that messed up n why nothing working
cuz the fone wont sync with my laptop..crap

michellep_702 10-13-2008 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 455210)
problem solved! connect the phone via activesync (it should stay on when activesynced) and run this (note when you are done the device will probably be stuck in the tri color screen and say 2.10.olipro instead of 1.20 to get out, flash any rom of your choice

ok since i did this step above...my fone has no change... and it still says 1.20
i did do the Hard-SPL-MFG link downloaded it n run the program..no change

also did the htc alltel updater....yeah no channge

lol had to give up for a few hrs earlier got frustrated n had to chill out..i really want to fix this im determined to make it work

hibby50 10-13-2008 07:28 AM

Im gonna make a complete step-by-step:
  1. flash that dcd rom a few pages back, do not bother with the carrier cab.
  2. TO FLASH: connect your phone turned on in the bootloader screen, then run the RUU and follow what it says.
  3. sync your phone via activesync MAKE SURE IT IS ACTIVESYNCE! for example that green symbol lit up and not grey and the little box says connected (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT OTHERWISE YOU WILL STAY AT 1.20)
  4. run the exe
  5. follow the propts EXACTLY!
  6. then when the RUU come up follow its steps.
  7. then the ruu will say congrats and you press exit
  8. continue in the dos box it wont do anything more as far as i know but just to be safe, you will get anerror message just click ok and ignore it
  9. it should now say 2.40 and not boot
  10. disconnect and soft reset a few times
  11. plug it in
  12. flash the dcd rom and run the carrier cab

v|ct0r3 10-14-2008 10:54 PM

Not to pull away from the true topic of this thread, but I am having a similar problem. My Titan will simply reset out of nowhere, and in addition it will goto sleep and not wake!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!! ](*,)

hibby50 10-14-2008 10:59 PM

read my posts

MrObvious 10-15-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v|ct0r3 (Post 458951)
Not to pull away from the true topic of this thread, but I am having a similar problem. My Titan will simply reset out of nowhere, and in addition it will goto sleep and not wake!!

Usually it's good forum equitette to start your own thread. ;)

Try reflashing a ROM and hard resetting (back up first!) and if not, relock and flash a stock ROM, take it to the store and get a new one.

flyers2114 10-15-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v|ct0r3 (Post 458951)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 459072)
Usually it's good forum equitette to start your own thread. ;)

Try reflashing a ROM and hard resetting (back up first!) and if not, relock and flash a stock ROM, take it to the store and get a new one.

This is bad info, no disrespect intended. But the phone can easily be fixed, no need to return it back to the store.

Vic enter BL and tell us what is showing.....simultaneously hold power, camera and soft reset...tri-color screen will appear....give us the number at the top.......also on the first splash screen give us the radio and rom....lettering in red in the RH bottom corner

It sounds like something is incompatible.....but I need that info to be sure so we can move forward with the fix...