PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

thattekguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Phone Does it all Now!

[quote=petermg;426779]Stop sounding like a weeny. You'll get sued for abusing your wife before you get sued for recording a call. In 38 of our 50 states it is perfectly legal to record a call you are on without notifying the other person. In all 50 of them you go to jail for beating your wife. . . . but something tells me you're probably a 15 to 17 yr old kid.. lol.

=D>

As much as I would like to crack her sometimes,I never did...yet.
Not 17 anymore,far from it, although I wish I was. You are correct about the states, this is what I found.
[edit] Two party consent states

Twelve states currently require that BOTH or ALL parties consent to the recording. These states are:
  • California
  • Connecticut
  • Florida
  • Illinois
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • Pennsylvania
  • Washington
[edit] One party consent states

All other states, including the District of Columbia, besides those listed above require only one party consent just like federal law. However there are certain exceptions to these rules. See full rules here. Also note that according to the California court case Kearney v. Salomon Smith Barney, Inc. (July 13,2006) if you call from a one party consent state into California, then the two party consent law outweighs the one party consent law. http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/documents/S124739.PDF here].

[edit] Accepted forms of consent

The FCC defines accepted forms of getting consent for telephone recording by telephone companies as:
  • Verbal or written consent given before the recording is made.
  • Verbal notification before the recording is made. (This is the most common)
  • An audible beep tone repeated at regular intervals during the course of the call.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Back on my phone does it all kick

Dont forget about crime deterrent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgoVrAR3YOo
Old 10-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

stillblock is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to stillblock Send a message via Yahoo to stillblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thattekguy View Post
First of all this site is the best, second my phone is the best. I think I have all that I need, my phone can watch videos, watch movies, remote desktop connection , voice activated gps, google maps, weatherpanel, icontacts, pccontact, lg buttons, live search,HTC PLus, opera mini,powerSms,instant lock GPS,ThumbCal, etc etc.. I can go on and on with all the cool stuff I have on here and I got it all from you guys, thanks this keeps me busy and from having to talk to my wife. Keep up the great work.If anyone has any other cool stuff I can add to my list please post what you got.
hey im kinda new to this site and the mogul maybe u can give me a couple pointers because everything u listed is what im looking for ...... help pls
Old 10-01-2008, 02:10 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Do a search. Push the little search button and type the software you are looking for.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

brooklynsugabun is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to brooklynsugabun

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper68 View Post
maybe someone here can get me to be as happy as the OP...
i just got my phone WED...and already got googlemaps and livesearch working great...

the only things i want now is
youtube streaming
personal slider noise
making my own ringtones

and thats about it...i lack imagination, and ive been searching all day thru dozens of thread on google but nothing...just stuff very old

either that or i fail...fail at this and at life...i might aswell be intertained
You can search for youtubeplay or pocket streaming those are the best i like pocket streaming better and to send pic get smms you'll need to donate $5 to the cause but worth it and beejive if you like instant messaging ppl thur aol, yahoo, jabber etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan