PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 07:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: So very lost XV6800

It really is NOT hard bro. Simply unlock using Olipro 2.4, flash radio to 3.42.50 and flash a custom ROM using BuildOS. After the ROM has flashed just hard reset and simply do NOT let the Customizations run because you are using a Sprint radio on a VZW phone so you can get GPS. Its as simple as that, I promise.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by durwoodghib View Post
Did think of a question. How do you go about doing a customization on your today screen (ie. Make it look more like an iphone or similar) or what if I would want to make up my own screen/background on photoshop or somthing?
How many times has this been answered...just kidding. Glad you found the site. I could help this guy out since I know him.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

GummyBear is a n00b

hi, i'm basically on the same boat as the op, i want to use the gps feature on my phone with TTS and would like to use other programs as well but i guess getting the gps to work would be a good start. should i follow the same steps as another poster posted here? my phone is from sprint tho. also do i need a bigger micro sd card then the one that came with the phone to get all this to work or will my phone with the sd card that came with it be sufficient? also i'm looking to be able to look at youtube or any media sites if possible and watch videos that i have on my computer. what rom do you guys recommend for my needs thus far? i also read thru most of the threads but am still a bit afraid since i don't wanna "brick" my phone.

also what's the biggest size micro sd card the phone takes? i would like to get some programs and media files/songs on my phone which will probably take up quite some space.

Last edited by GummyBear; 09-03-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you will need to unlock, probably update your radio, then I would recommend going with JD's ROM or dcd's 3.2.6 For the media get skyfire. You could go with TCPMP for media files on your phone, but I recommend S2P for audio.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:53 PM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyBear View Post
what's the biggest size micro sd card the phone takes? i would like to get some programs and media files/songs on my phone which will probably take up quite some space.
8gb SDHC card
Old 09-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: vzw

thoughtless is a n00b

I am planning on purchasing the 6800 specifically to get the GPS functionality. I'd like to be able to create logs using GPSGate or something and then sync those logs up with photos I'll be taking.

So my question is, if I was to get the 6800 and follow the instructions in this post, what are the chances that I'm going to brick the phone? And secondly, if that does happen, is there any way to recover it? I saw mention of some backup utility, but is it possible to F things up so badly that the phone is worthless?

And on a side note, any recommendations on a GPS enabled phone that can log GPS data without a hack?

Thanks for the resource! Found the forum via a comment on the phonenews post regarding this process.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-e-jam View Post
Huh, I'm scared to death to do this mod, But i WANT GPS. Anybody in the So.Cal area do this to there phone, if so will you do mine?
Wait... California... jon-e-jam... are you Persian?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:10 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtless View Post
So my question is, if I was to get the 6800 and follow the instructions in this post, what are the chances that I'm going to brick the phone?
Slim to none, seriously

Quote:
And secondly, if that does happen, is there any way to recover it?
greater than you imagine, seriously

Quote:
I saw mention of some backup utility, but is it possible to F things up so badly that the phone is worthless?
There are serveral types and several ways so dont worry about it

Quote:
And on a side note, any recommendations on a GPS enabled phone that can log GPS data without a hack?
I use GeoTerrestrial v0.9.9.1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan