PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: To learn

durwoodghib is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So very lost XV6800

Greetings,

I am so new at this that a "newbie" is an expert in my view. I have done quite a bit of reading on here and other sites that were linked from here. So here is some background and my question. I just got changed from a Motorla Q to the HTC XV6800 from Verizon.
It has WM6.0
Ram version: 2.09.605.8
Radio Version: 1.30.60.
I want to customize this handset a little but most of all I would like to be able to use the GPS with 3rd party apps. I understand that Verizon has released a maintenance upgrade but have seen warnings not to use it.
Please help and try to keep the terms in newer than newbie format.
Oh and one more thing…please be patient with me if I ask a lot of questions.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: So very lost XV6800

welcome here.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Well I can tell you in order to upgrade the device with a radio and ROM to do GPS you will need to look and read here.

Over all, keep in mind you need Olipro 2.4 to unlock the phone. But before you do that you will need to be ready to do everything all at once. What I mean to say is once you unlock it you cannot stop there. You must then flash the Radio and then the ROM.

To do GPS on a xv6800 you need to unlock it using Olipro 2.4 and then flash the Radio to something like 3.42.50 and then flash the ROM to something like 3.56 using BuildOS.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

ew ew ew oilpro...

Ok here are easy steps:

1. Download NeuSPL: http://www.lifesnotsogood.com/dcd118...ueSPL-2.47.rar
Extract the file to your SD card. Install it to the device (phone) like a normal program. It will launch a reboot, follow the steps, once rebooted, it will ask you to run / install another EXE upon the reboot (cleanup). Once done, your SPL is upgraded and unlocked.

2. Download the latest Radio: http://www.lifesnotsogood.com/dcd118...%203.42.50.rar
Extract the file to the SD card. The ROM image should be named TITAIMG.nbh, and it will ask you to overwrite. Overwrite it. Insert the card, reboot the phone in flash mode "(hold camera + power + pinhole reset with stylus)". It will detect the ROM, hit Power per the instructions. When it says upgrade complete, soft reset (pinhole reset).

3. Download a custom ROM. The latest DCD Rom is at: http://www.lifesnotsogood.com/dcd118...itan_3.2.6.exe
I highly reccomend DCD's roms they are SUPER fast/clean compared to others.
Extract the file to the SD card. The ROM image should be named TITAIMG.nbh, and it will ask you to overwrite. Overwrite it. Insert the card, reboot the phone in flash mode "(hold camera + power + pinhole reset with stylus)". It will detect the ROM, hit Power per the instructions. When it says upgrade complete, soft reset (pinhole reset).

4. Install your latest Carrier CAB for your provider. http://www.lifesnotsogood.com/dcd1182/carriers/Get this on the phone (either by syncing it or using the card) and install it on the device (phone) like any other program. Soft reboot. Verify that the Radio Rom and Custom Rom are updated under Device Information.

5. Either enter in you’re A key etc, or call your provider to reauthorize the phone. Do a over the air update as well to grab the latest PRL / roaming / tower list.

6. To enable GPS, Go to Settings - > Phone -> Services Tab, and hit Get Settings on the Location Setting option. Change the setting to "LOCATION ON", and hit ok. Soft Reboot. GPS is only then used / enabled when called by a program so you can leave this on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can even do steps 1 and 2 without wiping out your phone. If you MUST hard reset I would look into the program PPCPimBackup. I love it since it saves contacts, text messages, etc.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:56 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post

3. Download a custom ROM. The latest DCD Rom is at: http://www.lifesnotsogood.com/dcd118...itan_3.2.6.exe
I highly reccomend DCD's roms they are SUPER fast/clean compared to others.

this is by far the best way to do it
step 3 can be simplified by downloading dcd rom then running it on the pc just have a connection to your xv6800.

Last edited by bbsandkm; 09-02-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

durwoodghib is a n00b

Thank you all for the input. It might be a little while before I do this since I want to make sure I have enough time to do it all. I will post again later with an update.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

durwoodghib is a n00b

Did think of a question. How do you go about doing a customization on your today screen (ie. Make it look more like an iphone or similar) or what if I would want to make up my own screen/background on photoshop or somthing?
Old 09-02-2008, 11:01 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

look for something called ifonz very nice little application
Old 09-03-2008, 03:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: ATT

jon-e-jam is a n00b

Huh, I'm scared to death to do this mod, But i WANT GPS. Anybody in the So.Cal area do this to there phone, if so will you do mine?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan