PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint PPC6800 Sucessfully flashed to Metropcs

this thread is awesome, been wondering about this myself for a while. thanks!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by conejopr View Post
i tried to connect it by dialing *228 and they asked me for my esn and they say it has to be only # but my esn has # and letters
there are 2 kinds of esns, the hex and the dec. you had the hex, they wanted the dec. i don't know if this would work for you (if for some strange reason you don't have the dec esn), but open up your calc program on the computer if you are using windows, go to view > scientific, press the hex radio button, type in the esn you were trying to give, then press the dec radio button and give that to them.

Last edited by akastixx; 12-01-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: deciding which one based on this forum

mischappc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
Text, Calls, Internet, Phone As Modem, Google maps and Live search... Unlimited talking and 45 bucks per month, why should I want more?
Hi Fred. I'm very interested in what you have done. Congratulations. =D>

I'm considering buying a used Sprint Mogul myself and modding it for use on the MetroPCS network. Seems like you are saying it is possible.

Please clarify:

Do I need to use the $35 metroflash service - which just offers voice & texting - as a prerequisite for your mod? Or do I bypass that step entirely?

Which features on your PPC6800 are now fully enabled to work on the MetroPCS network and which are not?

When you say "internet" are you talking about full, fast access to the Mogul's full IE web browser or painfully slow access to the (pathetic) Metro Web browser? Like what speed? Does https: encryption work - e.g. can I pay my bills online with the Mogul?

Does email work? I don't particulary want or need an @metropcs account, but @gmail access would be useful. Have you successfully set up POP & SMTP & SSL?

What kind of upload/download speeds are possible thru MetroPCS network in wireless modem mode connecting to laptop? I guess unlimited data is part of the MetroPCS $45 plan, or does it violate any terrms of use?

Is the MetroPCS network reliable/stable enough for all functions or do you drop in and out with voice and data?

Have you successfully added MMS for sending picture to phone numbers?

How do you find the camera's still and video quality?

Is there a step by step you have worked out available online, or would you prefer to email/chat privately? Please feel free to email me. (Please let me know if this is OK to do in this forum as I would not wish to offend. )

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Oh... did I say Thanks?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Socrates Philosophy

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I think some of the questions are going to be hard to answer. When Cingular (now merged with AT&T) came out, they had the best rates/prices in the cell market, but their service sucked. As they snatched up consumers, they built a better infrastructure with the investment their clients made. Eventually they were good enough for AT&T to buy out.

I've questioned metropcs' signal as well as i am interested in their service. But it's hard to get an answer to that because every area is different. Shoot, my buddy who has a motoq has excellent signal here at my desk while my sprint mogul has 1 or no bars, just the tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischappc View Post
Is the MetroPCS network reliable/stable enough for all functions or do you drop in and out with voice and data?

Oh... did I say Thanks?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Lurker

mischappc is a n00b

Not sure if whether you're implying your buddy's motoq is on metroPCS network. Can that be flashed to metro? I was under the impression that motoq is not supported by the houdinisoft flashing app which metroPCS metroflash is using now. Also I read somewhere your site that there's no moto kitchen. Do I have that right?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Lurker

mischappc is a n00b

Unrelated question - I'm on eBay right now looking at some htc smartphones - is it true that the Mogul has a maximum video clip capture length of only 30 seconds - or is that moddable to? This actually affects my purchase decision since I use that feature alot and need to be able to take longer vids spontaneously without lugging a camcorder. If its only 30 secs, are there any comparable HTC smartphones which are limited only by flash memory capacity? Thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Socrates Philosophy

Oh sorry, my friend with the motoq is on verizon.

The mogul's video record feature with video and sound captures unlimited amount of video+sound limited only by the space available on your device or it's memory card. I've taken 10 mins of video before.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Lurker

mischappc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
Oh sorry, my friend with the motoq is on verizon.

The mogul's video record feature with video and sound captures unlimited amount of video+sound limited only by the space available on your device or it's memory card. I've taken 10 mins of video before.
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the clarification and reassurance.

I've looked all over the web and nearly every spec sheet and review for the mogul specifically states there's a 30 second maximum video clip length. Even the respectable cell phone review sites. But I was skeptical because it didn't make any sense why there would be such a limitation with expandable flash memory slot.

I just downloaded the Mogul User Guide PDF and there is no mention of 30 seconds. I wonder how they all got it wrong?
Old 08-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Socrates Philosophy

MAYBE it was an older version of the rom or the previous version of windows mobil? I honestly don't know.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Socrates Philosophy

i just tested the video function i recorded easily over 2 mins of video.

cheers!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan