PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Extended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathsicle View Post
hmm i may look into seidio again, i just remember my ppc6700 with the seidio extended battery, and it was a monster, combine it with a case and it just becomes Godzilla.. i only have enough room to comfortably fit one monster in my pants
thats why i posted the pics so you can see the battery and the rubber case (i call it a condom)
i know the oem size extended batteries give a bit more power then the standard oem but alot less power then the 3500 batteries. SO if you want small then get two oem extended bateries and two wall chargers so that you can charge them out of the phone. here is a pic of it from sadio the only problem is with the extended battery we limit ourselves to the protective cases out their. i did find one metal case on ebay for the htc extened battery which looks different then the seidio one. its raided in the center.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USB_CHARGER_PPC6800.JPG (113.5 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Another option is just to keep a 2nd battery around and pop it in when the first one dies....
Old 06-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
Another option is just to keep a 2nd battery around and pop it in when the first one dies....

how about jury rigging two batteries together and taping on onto the back?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

My Moguls oem extended battery arrived today, I took pictures. I just want to edit them before I post them, they should be uploaded shortly, i'll just update this same tab.... right now I'm still charging the battery... I ordered a oem dual charger as well... but it hasn't arrived yet... oh and my 8gb micro sd came today too... lol i haven't put the phone in my pocket yet but i will update here when I do... but just from looking at it I can't imagine noticing the difference in my pockets... unless im wearing dress pants in which case i hate to put my phone in my dress pants pockets to begin with, I can live with the extended battery, i used to have the 6700 WITH a extended battery and case lol and now I wish i still had it so i can compare... well actually i still have the case so maybe i can... the extended battery size in person appears alot less noticeable in person than it appears in photos btw.

*edit*

wow I just compared and the mogul with the extended battery attached makes it the exact same thickness as the 6700...

I wish the cover for the moguls battery wasn't so big, I would carry around the other battery as a spare just in case my battery runs low, like I did with the apache... lol

I gave the phone the pocket test... if the phone's screen is facing you when you put it into your pocket it feels and looks pretty much like what your accustom to, the other way feels and looks awkward... but I must say, the cover is well designed, the phone feels very comfortable in your hand with this cover.

*edit* feels a little awkward in hand when holding in landscape with both hands, takes a min to get used to but the curves accommodates you well.... and you don't pop the extended battery case off accidentally like you do with the 6700 when holding it this way.

OK here it is

this last picture is comparing the mogul with extended battery attached to the 6700's case...
and here's a link to a slideshow of all the pictures I took of the extended battery... just click the link below to see the rest of the pictures.

http://img406.imageshack.us/slidesho...629161529.smil

Last edited by gxnext; 06-05-2008 at 11:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Deathsicle is just getting started

wow thats an awesome slide show depicting the battery and mogul , i espcially like the comparison between the mogul with the extended battery and the ppc 6700 case, i couldnt believe we were lugging around the ppc6700, and even worse lugging it around with the extended battery and case cover. Thanks for the slide show Gxnext, now i can make a much more informed decision, rather then getting something in the mail and be like WTF..
Old 06-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
Cool Re: Extended battery

lol, I know right. the 6700 had junk in the trunk.
your welcome! I like to do as much research as possible and be informed as well before purchasing and I couldn't find a picture with the extended battery attached anywhere, so here it is for all to see... I payed $34.99 for the oem extended battery and $22.98 for the oem dual charger... which looks like the dock that comes with the 6700 only designed to fit a mogul with the oem extended battery... the only reason I got the oem battery instead of the seidio despite the fact the seidio has a more powerful battery is because of the price.

Last edited by gxnext; 06-04-2008 at 11:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
lol, I know right. the 6700 had junk in the trunk.
your welcome! I like to do as much research as possible and be informed as well before purchasing and I couldn't find a picture with the extended battery attached anywhere, so here it is for all to see... I payed $34.99 for the oem extended battery and $22.98 for the oem dual charger... which looks like the dock that comes with the 6700 only designed to fit a mogul with the oem extended battery... the only reason I got the oem battery instead of the seidio despite the fact the seidio has a more powerful battery is because of the price.
man you should of gone with the seidio extended 3500mha battery with the extended battery holster and covers for phone. I posted pics earlier in this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6800_3500_batt.jpg (79.2 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg billgates.jpg (17.7 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CSR2YXV6800X-BK_s.jpg (22.5 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg doom-4-announc-490.jpg (60.0 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG000025.jpg (112.4 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

I ordered the 3600mah battery from Lion Battery (manufactured by Mogul Power). I haven't had a chance to try it though because both of the doors they sent me don't lock into place. I read on PDAPhone forums that they had corrected this problem, but apparently not. I called and sent an E-Mail but have yet to hear back. In credit to them though, I hear their customer service is pretty good and that they have taken care of similar problems before with customers. I'll update when I get this sorted out.

Size doesn't matter to me really. I had an E815 before this with an extended battery and that made it one of the biggest flip phones out there, so this 3600mah jumbo battery doesn't really bother me, although it is big.

Last edited by Gulanowski; 06-05-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

flexpackman is a n00b

Be aware of one item I have personal experiance with.

I purchased the Verizon branded extended battery for the XV6800 and then later purchased a seidio car mount. Whoops, won't fit.

As in RTFM, I didn't exactly read the details on their website that "only" a seidio extended battery would fit the mount.

So if you have one of their mounts on your wish list, better get extended battery from them also.....
SGH-A717 AT&T Personal
Old 06-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

To update my previous post, I did manage to get the cover to stay. There is a video on Youtube that explains the "procedure"... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4MMI4Y4kBg

Still, I think it speaks for itself that it shouldn't be so complicated to put a simple cover on. However, I'd be willing to overlook this if the battery's performance is really good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan