PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Churka is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question About WMWifiRouter

Question about WMWifiRouter
I might have use for this application soon, but I'm wondering.

I have a unlimited data connection with Sprint and I don't want to be charged
at all for Phone as Modem or what ever its called.

So, my question is.... Can I make my laptop use the phone as a hotspot in the car and NOT be charged at ALL?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2008, 05:05 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Question About WMWifiRouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churka View Post
Question about WMWifiRouter
I might have use for this application soon, but I'm wondering.

I have a unlimited data connection with Sprint and I don't want to be charged
at all for Phone as Modem or what ever its called.

So, my question is.... Can I make my laptop use the phone as a hotspot in the car and NOT be charged at ALL?

Thanks
yes u can, all u need to do are these three registry edits:

Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\WModem" key, and set the "CheckProfile", "Multi-NAI" and "WModemDUN" DWORDS to a decimal value of "0". Remember to soft reset for the changes to take effect.

enjoy,

dwizzy130

Old 05-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
yes u can, all u need to do are these three registry edits:

Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\WModem" key, and set the "CheckProfile", "Multi-NAI" and "WModemDUN" DWORDS to a decimal value of "0". Remember to soft reset for the changes to take effect.

enjoy,

dwizzy130
shouldn't even need those for wmwifirouter.... WMWifiRouter is just an app on your phone using the data as far as sprint is concerned, I have used it several times and have never been charged...

be careful about using excessive amounts of data, sprint will notice, anything under 5 gigs is probably fine.... great app when you can't find a hotspot for sure...
Old 05-31-2008, 07:34 PM
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
shouldn't even need those for wmwifirouter.... WMWifiRouter is just an app on your phone using the data as far as sprint is concerned, I have used it several times and have never been charged...

be careful about using excessive amounts of data, sprint will notice, anything under 5 gigs is probably fine.... great app when you can't find a hotspot for sure...
well when u use wmwifirouter it has the sprint internet connect sharing app open in the background.so just to be sure u should do those reg edits.

dwizzy130
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It doesnt even work for me anyway.
It works fine until It says its doing something about the ICS, it just hangs there.

How long do i need to wait?
Old 05-31-2008, 07:47 PM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
It works fine until It says its doing something about the ICS, it just hangs there.

what version of wmwifirouter is it and what rom are you running?

dwizzy130
Old 05-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

had this problem also. you have to have your wifi switch on when you start it. if that doesnt work, uninstall it, and reinstall it (turn on your wifi switch first). you MUST have your wifi on when you have the program running.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:03 PM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick aguas View Post
had this problem also. you have to have your wifi switch on when you start it. if that doesnt work, uninstall it, and reinstall it (turn on your wifi switch first). you MUST have you wifi on when you have the program running.
ah yes, that would definitely cause a problem. u must have your wifi on before starting the program and until after u close the program.

dwizzy130
Old 06-01-2008, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

oh. so I need my wifi on. Ok, i didnt use it that much. I hope I dont get charged!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

galph is just getting started

does anyone have a cab for wmwifirouter or know where can i get this? thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan