PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: HELP!!! n00b to cell phones and having a major issue with my Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahfagan1465x View Post
I run vista and was able to flash to the 3.35 rom w/o a problem, but because of this kind of stuff happening to other people I now am scared to flash to a cooked rom. I'm glad he got it cleared up but it scared the beejeezus out of me.
I have been running Vista for about 2 years now, have never had a problem.
But I noticed that when something like this happens, and the person is using Vista, it's the first thing to blame when it could be a number of things; liek the phone just being subpar, mayber there was a sync issue with ActiveSync, or the DLed ROM was not a complete download for some reason.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

In the future when this happens, remove the battery for at least a few minutes. Then put the battery back in and plug the USB cable back in. Then restart the rom update.

This is what I did when I was having the same problem with flashing a Touch a few months ago. Taking the battery out clears everything on the phone and allows it to come back up in the tri-color bootloader screen and the rom update should work.

FYI... I use Vista for all my rom updates and have flashed my Touch at least a dozen times and my Mogul close to the same, and have only ever had the problem the one time. I just can't see how Vista is the culprit...

Also check out this thread for other ideas: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9229

Last edited by rainfreak; 04-10-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

sarahfagan1465x is just getting started

...okay, that all sounds great, but why is it that everyone here running vista is also able to use activesync? are you just using the name as a moniker or do you actually run "activesync" on your pc? because by default, vista is supposed to run "microsoft mobile blahblahblah". (cant remember the exact name)... or at least, that's what I was told via sprint-supplied cd-rom/htc website.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
...okay, that all sounds great, but why is it that everyone here running vista is also able to use activesync? are you just using the name as a moniker or do you actually run "activesync" on your pc? because by default, vista is supposed to run "microsoft mobile blahblahblah". (cant remember the exact name)... or at least, that's what I was told via sprint-supplied cd-rom/htc website.
Activesync is for WinXP and prior.

Windows Mobile Device Center is for Vista.

I think a lot of Vista users are using the term "ActiveSync" out of habit. That was the typically used way to sync a ppc phone to Windows for the longest time, and it is a heck of a lot quicker to type than Windows Mobile Device Center (or WMDC as I like to call it).
Old 04-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

IBGregR is a n00b

I also have flashed many times via Vista Ultimate on a laptop and have never had any issues whatsoever. (knocking on the wood of his desktop)
Old 04-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff

Quote:
Using ActiveSync as the term, I mean it's pretty much the same thing just a different name.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

sarahfagan1465x is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichss View Post
Using ActiveSync as the term, I mean it's pretty much the same thing just a different name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Activesync is for WinXP and prior.

Windows Mobile Device Center is for Vista.

I think a lot of Vista users are using the term "ActiveSync" out of habit. That was the typically used way to sync a ppc phone to Windows for the longest time, and it is a heck of a lot quicker to type than Windows Mobile Device Center (or WMDC as I like to call it).

*Gotcha. I figured most people would use the term out of habit, but just checking.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b

Two of my friends both running Vista and both with stock Moguls flashed the new 3.35 ROM. One went fine and one went fubar. Battery out, hard reset, nothing would work. I brought over my laptop running XP Pro and it went just fine. I don't think it's Vista either but there's some combination of factors that just cause it to go down the drain sometimes. You'll have to drag me kicking and screaming before I go to Vista and I was a beta tester...LOL.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

I hear of people having all sorts of problems, yet at the same time I have never had a problem that was due to Vista. I actually like it, but as with all software, I still won't pay an ungodly amount for it, there are always legal and not so legal ways around everything

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan