PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: GPS reciever for car...

yeah thanks for the input as well, im just suprised that they dont make more of these type of things... they have LoJack which is car alarm but with gps but thats like 2-300 as well... might as well just get that instead of paying the 399 for a lil gps receiver... To bad theres no way to really make one or something... The spare cell phone idea isnt that bad, but in time you're gonna be paying way over what it would cost to just manufacture some other idea together ya know... good ideas, keep'm coming plz
Old 04-02-2008, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

anotherv8blazer is just getting started

iv got 2 cars with alot invested into them.. one is my drag car and the other is a show car and both have lojack systems.. thats the best way for a car to get tracked.. my race car get jacked and as soon as i found it it was gone i called the cops and 15 mins later i gota phone call to come get my car... best money spent
Old 04-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

youngworld is just getting started

Assisted GPS (Sats and Cells)

Two Fiddy + Ten\mo.

http://www.zoombak.com/products/auto...aign=Comp_Auto
Old 04-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan00davis View Post
read it again, maybe you were reading the wrong one.... it has a built in GSM modem.

it only sends coordinates every 5 minutes (or a greater interval you set).

these are "spy" equipment, and are designed to mount under someone else's car, so im sure you're better off finding something you can put inside the car and hook up to the car battery if it's your own car.

just thought i would share as i had come across this the other day.
Maybe you should read it again ill include the full discreption, point out where it states THIS particular gps device transmits on its own.
The new GPS-4 Miniature Self-Contained Weatherproof Motion-Activated Magnetic-Mount Battery-Powered GPS Vehicle/Personal Logger provides up to 20 hours of motion-activated (no battery drain when vehicle stationary) GPS vehicle/personal logging on 2 AAA alkaline batteries (up to 30 hours using optional BAT-AAARC rechargeable NiMH AAA batteries).
The GPS-4 is small enough for personal tracking (placement in a suitcase, purse, backpack, or practically anywhere you could imagine) and it can be installed in, on, or under a vehicle in about 10 seconds which makes it ideal for use as a detailed surveillance tool for government, law enforcement, investigative journalists, private investigators, and individuals.
It is also ideal for monitoring all vehicle activities of teenagers or spouses and the recorded vehicle data is easy to download -- simply remove the GPS-4 from the vehicle and plug into a PC/laptop USB port for downloading and incorporation of the GPS data into the included USA mapping software.
The GPS-4 automatically stores up to 360,000 'vehicle positions' (up to 100 hours vehicle driving time) and once downloaded to a PC or laptop, can produce comprehensive, printable reports and mapping on all vehicle activities including position, speed, and time/date stamp.
Easy to install -- simply insert batteries, close the unit and install under the rear of the vehicle (magnet holds it firmly in place).
Old 04-02-2008, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ryan00davis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrap1 View Post
Maybe you should read it again ill include the full discreption, point out where it states THIS particular gps device transmits on its own.
The new GPS-4 Miniature Self-Contained Weatherproof Motion-Activated Magnetic-Mount Battery-Powered GPS Vehicle/Personal Logger provides up to 20 hours of motion-activated (no battery drain when vehicle stationary) GPS vehicle/personal logging on 2 AAA alkaline batteries (up to 30 hours using optional BAT-AAARC rechargeable NiMH AAA batteries).
The GPS-4 is small enough for personal tracking (placement in a suitcase, purse, backpack, or practically anywhere you could imagine) and it can be installed in, on, or under a vehicle in about 10 seconds which makes it ideal for use as a detailed surveillance tool for government, law enforcement, investigative journalists, private investigators, and individuals.
It is also ideal for monitoring all vehicle activities of teenagers or spouses and the recorded vehicle data is easy to download -- simply remove the GPS-4 from the vehicle and plug into a PC/laptop USB port for downloading and incorporation of the GPS data into the included USA mapping software.
The GPS-4 automatically stores up to 360,000 'vehicle positions' (up to 100 hours vehicle driving time) and once downloaded to a PC or laptop, can produce comprehensive, printable reports and mapping on all vehicle activities including position, speed, and time/date stamp.
Easy to install -- simply insert batteries, close the unit and install under the rear of the vehicle (magnet holds it firmly in place).

THAT GPS unit does not allow real time monitoring, you dont seem to understand that there are multiple items on that page, that's why i said to scroll 2/3 of the page down (im pretty sure everybody else around here was able to figure that out). yes, i know, horribly designed website, now ill quote you the description (and just to reiterate, I'm NOT recommending the product and know nothing about it outside of the description, just offering a suggestion):

MINIATURE SELF-CONTAINED WEATHERPROOF BATTERY-POWERED MAGNETIC-MOUNT REAL-TIME GPS ASSET/PERSON/VEHICLE TRACKER

ONLY $699.00

The new miniature GPS-5W is the world's smallest completely self-contained, waterproof, battery-powered, magnetic-mount, real-time digital GPS asset/person/vehicle tracking device which makes it ideal for all GPS surveillance applications.

The GPS-5W allows you to track an asset/person/vehicle from your own PC or laptop real-time (once every 5 minutes or greater) and it also GPS logging capability which allows you to log historical asset/person/vehicle location data.

The GPS-5W utilizes a built-in 12-channel GPS receiver and a built-in GSM modem.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: Fuze

jeffreycentex is a n00b

Become an amateur radio operator and participate in the APRS network (www.findu.com) with something like a TinyTrak4... You can make one relatively affordably in a small package. And it is free to use...

Some people have used this data to even get them out of traffic tickets for speeding since the APRS system logs the data...
Old 04-02-2008, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ryan00davis is a n00b

i had never heard of the APRS thing, but after doing some reading, that sounds like a pretty good solution. i dont have time to do more reading on it, but you guys may want to check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automat...porting_System
Old 04-09-2008, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

a lot of guys that go down to the track have lojack on their cars as well an claim its like the best thing ever for vehicle security cuz it also comes with an alarm, silent alarm, ect or something like that right..??? how much did u pay for ur lojack gps??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan