PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
GPS reciever for car...

Do they make a GPS reciever that I can put in my car, and be able to use my phone to find the reciever..?? Kinda like a bootleg GPS car alarm but without the alarm, just GPS locater...
Old 03-31-2008, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: GPS reciever for car...

anyone..??
Old 03-31-2008, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu

You mean like a tracking device? I was wondering the same thing.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ryan00davis is a n00b

http://www.thespystore.com/gps-usa.htm

about 2/3 of the way down there is:

"MINIATURE SELF-CONTAINED WEATHERPROOF BATTERY-POWERED MAGNETIC-MOUNT REAL-TIME GPS ASSET/PERSON/VEHICLE TRACKER"
Old 04-01-2008, 05:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan00davis View Post

"MINIATURE SELF-CONTAINED WEATHERPROOF BATTERY-POWERED MAGNETIC-MOUNT REAL-TIME GPS ASSET/PERSON/VEHICLE TRACKER"
Thanks man, i was also wondering the same thing but figured it was never out there so was like nahh ill pass on asking lol. To bad its stupid expensive
Old 04-01-2008, 06:30 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

thanks guys ima go check it out...

an yeah for the longest time i've wondered if they made items like this available... i drive a turbo civic with about 15k invested so far, and they day I wake up and the theives finally attack I wanna be prepared... thanks again...
Old 04-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan00davis View Post

This wont work, the ad says to track where the unit has been it has to plugged into a laptop to get the readout
"It is also ideal for monitoring all vehicle activities of teenagers or spouses and the recorded vehicle data is easy to download -- simply remove the GPS-4 from the vehicle and plug into a PC/laptop USB port for downloading and incorporation of the GPS data into the included USA mapping software."
Old 04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

damn, so i guess we're back at point A huh... "finding an actual something to work"...
Old 04-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

youngworld is just getting started

http://gps-snitch.com/

They say it works with web enables cell phones though I haven't tried this with the Mogul.

It might be less expensive to just get a 'throw-away' sprint phone and sign it up on the family locator service. It doesn't have to be GPS enabled. Remember to charge up the phone every so often and hide it somewhere within the car. Heck, if you had a charging port (cigarette lighter for the old school) in the back seat or trunk, you could keep the phone charged constantly.

It's $10\mo but Sprint has a 15 day free trial right now.

http://www.nextel.com/en/services/gp..._locator.shtml

Another thing off the top of my head. Though this one would require another GPS enabled phone: Use the 'Buddy Tracker' feature on Navizon http://www.navizon.com/ to track the phone located in the car.

Not sure why this shouldn't work.

Last edited by youngworld; 04-01-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ryan00davis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrap1 View Post
This wont work, the ad says to track where the unit has been it has to plugged into a laptop to get the readout
"It is also ideal for monitoring all vehicle activities of teenagers or spouses and the recorded vehicle data is easy to download -- simply remove the GPS-4 from the vehicle and plug into a PC/laptop USB port for downloading and incorporation of the GPS data into the included USA mapping software."
read it again, maybe you were reading the wrong one.... it has a built in GSM modem.

it only sends coordinates every 5 minutes (or a greater interval you set).

these are "spy" equipment, and are designed to mount under someone else's car, so im sure you're better off finding something you can put inside the car and hook up to the car battery if it's your own car.

just thought i would share as i had come across this the other day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan