PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Lurker

jjbusch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint business data plans for the Mogul?

We have 8 moguls on a business plan. We are starting to update them to the latest ROM to fix some bugs, and the users are starting to take notice of the Sprint Navigation app. I wanted to make sure we were on the correct data plan so that users aren't being charged the $2.99/day usage for sprint navigation.

I am having an email conversation with our Sprint Business rep about the fact that the Moguls don't support features that are covered by the more expensive data plans, and that in reality the only data plan we need is the $20 Data/Web/Text/Navigation plan that they have in their glossy print plan info that you can pick up from any Sprint Store.

Here is the sprint rep's reply... can anyone else confirm if I am crazy in my thinking, or is the sprint rep a bit off mark here?

The $30 plan is for all of our Windows Mobile devices, primarily because it includes network access to ActiveSync. This is the only plan that provides the ActiveSync network access.

In addition, with the new ROM, it also includes unlimited Navigation. It sounds like you wanted to pay $20.00 on top of the $30.00 before? It’s now included.

Unfortunately, not all phones support all features, you are correct with your comments below.

Overall, it is still much cheaper than a Blackberry to use ActiveSync
Old 03-25-2008, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)
Carrier: Sprint

Cumulus is a n00b
Re: Sprint business data plans for the Mogul?

As far as I know, that's bullcrap. I used ActiveSync on the old $15 Power Vision plan for multiple years.

Sprint:
HTC Apache -> Palm Treo 700wx -> Samsung IP-830w (named it "Sammy") -> HTC Titan -> HTC Raphael.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Activesync is merely the program that WM phones would use for push mail from an exchange server. What you need is the data connection/plan to access it.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-25-2008, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

dannyppc6700 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dannyppc6700 Send a message via Yahoo to dannyppc6700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumulus View Post
As far as I know, that's bullcrap. I used ActiveSync on the old $15 Power Vision plan for multiple years.

You used network active sync?

where can i find this info? that would rock.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Jack
Carrier: AT&T

tpbklake is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyppc6700 View Post
You used network active sync?

where can i find this info? that would rock.
Your Exchange server needs to be running Exchange 2003 SP1 or Exchange 2007 for ActiveSync with Windows Mobile/PPC.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

jjbush.. are you maybe in the midwest? If so, I can pm you the name and number of my company's Sprint account manager and he will take care of you, the right way. We have over 30 Sprint phones and over 100 Nextel phones...
Old 03-26-2008, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wait a minute, are we saying that Sprint offers access to an exchange server? Is this just for business plans?

As to the original questions, I don't know if Sprint offers Exchange access for business customers, or what data package you need to be on to get it. You can always get a cheap data plan though, and then just purchase Exchange hosting from a large number of outside services. It might be cheaper than Sprint's plan.

As far as Navigation, again I don't know what is included on the business plans, but access to the GPS chip is unrestricted so you don't have to use Sprint's nav software. You could purchase other software like TomTom, Garmin, Copilot, etc. Or you could use free mapping programs like Live Search or Google Maps.

I can give some links later if you'd like helping finding any of the above programs/services.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Exchange hosting, from a good and reliable service, is typically $10+/month per email address...

I sync with my company's Exchange server using activesync on my Mogul, as do all of the other 30+ employees with Sprint PPC or Smartphones (I gave the sales people and departmental managers Moto Q9c smartphones as it is less for them to break). Each of our phones has the $30 data plan on it as it allows for the Exchange activesync as well as unlimited text, data and tethering.

If you don't have use for the Exchange activesync feature, I would think the $20 plan is all you need for your needs.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:40 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you dont want to use activesync, you only have to pay 20.00 bucks. You can use the internet and pocket outlook on the phone to pull email, you would just need the server info and you could set to receive email every 15 min instead of push. If you want push mail pay for the 30 dollar data plan but either way both include unl. navigation
Old 03-26-2008, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, TP, TP2, Evo 4G

proxcee is just getting started

JJBusch - Unless Sprint is talking about accessing your exchange servers directly (business connect???) where you dont have to VPN into your network first then either that person just doesnt fully understand what they are telling you or they are full of it.

It could also be that there are "special" prices for data when it comes to business accounts as opposed to non-business accounts. Either way...$15 (or in my case $7.50 ) is a whole lot cheaper than $30...thats obscene.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan