PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 11:34 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Re: New Mogul Vs. Old Mogul

Not an issue really...

Its not a "OMG now I hate it" deal but its just something that would annoy people who've had the PPC branded Mogul...
Old 03-22-2008, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started

Knock on wood but I'm very happy with mine. It has been working out well. I tend to be more careful than my older phones because of its cost. As for manufacturer defects, I haven't had any. I am truly happy with this phone but only now that the new upgrade has come through and the custom ROMs from no2chem, nex, and dcd.

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

socca1157 is a n00b

lol, I love mine, no problems whatsoever.

I was tempted to go get the touch, but the new rom is soo worth keeping the mogul.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:44 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i got mine a week before it came out publicly and it didnt have "Pocket PC" on it. I have felt ALOT of moguls as i cant really feel a difference, maybe because of just that reason. which is better?? IMO i am very happy with the way the no PPC feels and performs
Old 03-22-2008, 02:02 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

well i never knew there were 2...i got mine about 3 months ago...but i can say the qwerty is cheap cuz my buttons are beginning to come unglued
Old 03-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

[QUOTE=nxtech3;226508] I have felt ALOT of moguls

You should by in therapy for this problem.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started

I was thinking the same thing when I read that. lol
Old 03-22-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby
Carrier: sprint

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by socca1157 View Post
lol, I love mine, no problems whatsoever.

I was tempted to go get the touch, but the new rom is soo worth keeping the mogul.
me too but i must say this new rom is great so forget the touch
Old 03-22-2008, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b

I agree with everyone. Get the Mogul. I had the mogul (pre-recent rev A update), and even in that form it wasn't that bad.

Overall, I like the Touch's size, better. It's nice having lots of extra ram, but it wasn't miserable with the ram on the Mogul either. As far as likes thats about it.

When I got my Touch I was really excited. It's size is awesome. The touch screen itself feels really good. I didn't mind the lack of keyboard, etc. I loaded it up with Sirius, and Resco radio. And got ready. And then I started playing it and I kept getting streaming issues in doors. At first I assumed it was softwares fault. (Dont know why). Kept going on the boards for help, maybe its settings, or this or that... Then I would reinstall OS, and applications, try tweaking internet settings, etc. Then eventually I figured out that it was just not as good at picking up lower quality signals from my apartment.

The touch to me seems to have a far weaker antenna, and poor streaming ability as a result when indoors (compared to the Mogul in my area) makes me wish I had just kept it. Add that to the fact that it's battery life is horrible if your using data a lot compared to the mogul, and no keyboard, wifi, GPS, etc. (I feel that in my estimation you could stream more than double the amount of time on Mogul.. Obviously the added size of the battery is why, but it's something I didn't really think about when switching.).

Another thing I've experienced personally, is the Touch crashes far more often for me than the Mogul did. Even with it's extra ram, reinstalling operating system numerous times, etc it still freezes up on me way more often than the Mogul did.

I have insurance, but don't know if its even possible to get the touch returned and a Mogul back since it's considered a more expensive phone? Can this be done, or would I need to pay more than the standard 50 buck replacement fee's?

I miss my mogul! (As I'm typing right now, I keep getting stream interruptions, lol).
Old 03-22-2008, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

Bizarre179 is just getting started

The hardware buttons seems to "click" differently from the old mogul to the newer one. When i got my new one, the buttons pressed really smooth and didnt seem to "click". I dont know, it could just be me...

ABUSE THE THANK BUTTON! In a good way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan