PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
nuePARK - save / find where you parked, BETA

hello,

ive been fairly busy lately, but I did manage to quickly build nuepark, a program that will help you quickly find a saved location using gps. (ie, a parking spot), designed to be fast (ie. click, save, leave your car) .. then when you need to come back, just start the app again. most gps apps today are quite hefty and take a while to start.

its a beta, so theres going to be some bugs...

known issues so far:
sometimes will record 0 when gps is not ready

its really just a proof of concept app at the moment, not extremely fancy or anything. its written in c++ so its much faster than a .net implementation would be.

to use:

save your location: start > program> nuetools > nuePark Save
find how to get back to that location: start > program > nuetools > nuePark

note - gps doesn't really have heading information, and since there is no compass built in to our device, you will need to move around a little before nuepark will be able to tell you what direction you need to start heading.

available on the ftp as ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/No...uePark-cab.CAB .. not available on my site yet.

give me input, and let me know if this program is at all useful to you.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

sherv is becoming a great contributor
Re: nuePARK - save / find where you parked, BETA

Hahah, this is a cute idea! I never have problems with remembering when I park but I'm sure this app will have other fun uses...maybe even geocaching (not sure how, but maybe!).

Nonetheless, you're a programming machine, dude! Thanks for all the effort and wonderful programs/ROMs!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Tight idea, i see this as a gps frequent contact list of sorts... can be used for incriminating things that arent worth making a contact entry for like a rendevous spot or an unmarked grave or where Jimmy Hoffa is stashed. I can see some pretty good uses for this right off the bat! as always thx n2c!! (bet Gov. Spitzer wished you had released this earlier... just a thought lol)

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-20-2008, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Nice idea for a program.

Something to think about...multiple locations. Maybe future locations will give users the ability to save and name multiple locations. (Hoffa's body, Location of shooter on grassy knoll...)

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Lurker

skydra is a n00b

That sounds pretty cool
Old 03-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I swear it wasn't me--- it was the one-armed man!

Anyway, thanks no2chem-- great work!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Cool idea. Definetly going on my wife's Touch when/if GPS gets enabled.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

rynosims is a n00b

Sounds like a great program. I was always wondering why some of the GPS programs didn't include a "save current location" option, so you can quickly get directions (Where did DB Cooper really stash his money...).
Old 03-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
Nice idea for a program.

Something to think about...multiple locations. Maybe future locations will give users the ability to save and name multiple locations. (Hoffa's body, Location of shooter on grassy knoll...)
+1 to what jamesus said... name adding and multiple locations would make this a winner... we're sure youre on it though, you said this first release was more a proof of concept.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Synned is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosims View Post
Sounds like a great program. I was always wondering why some of the GPS programs didn't include a "save current location" option, so you can quickly get directions (Where did DB Cooper really stash his money...).
Watch prison break by chance?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan