PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   nuePARK - save / find where you parked, BETA (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21840)

no2chem 03-20-2008 09:24 AM

nuePARK - save / find where you parked, BETA

hello,

ive been fairly busy lately, but I did manage to quickly build nuepark, a program that will help you quickly find a saved location using gps. (ie, a parking spot), designed to be fast (ie. click, save, leave your car) .. then when you need to come back, just start the app again. most gps apps today are quite hefty and take a while to start.

its a beta, so theres going to be some bugs...

known issues so far:
sometimes will record 0 when gps is not ready

its really just a proof of concept app at the moment, not extremely fancy or anything. its written in c++ so its much faster than a .net implementation would be.

to use:

save your location: start > program> nuetools > nuePark Save
find how to get back to that location: start > program > nuetools > nuePark

note - gps doesn't really have heading information, and since there is no compass built in to our device, you will need to move around a little before nuepark will be able to tell you what direction you need to start heading.

available on the ftp as ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/No...uePark-cab.CAB .. not available on my site yet.

give me input, and let me know if this program is at all useful to you.

sherv 03-20-2008 09:47 AM

Re: nuePARK - save / find where you parked, BETA

Hahah, this is a cute idea! I never have problems with remembering when I park but I'm sure this app will have other fun uses...maybe even geocaching (not sure how, but maybe!).

Nonetheless, you're a programming machine, dude! Thanks for all the effort and wonderful programs/ROMs!

InvincibleLiving 03-20-2008 10:07 AM

Tight idea, i see this as a gps frequent contact list of sorts... can be used for incriminating things that arent worth making a contact entry for like a rendevous spot or an unmarked grave or where Jimmy Hoffa is stashed. I can see some pretty good uses for this right off the bat! as always thx n2c!! (bet Gov. Spitzer wished you had released this earlier... just a thought lol)

jamesus 03-20-2008 11:21 AM

Nice idea for a program.

Something to think about...multiple locations. Maybe future locations will give users the ability to save and name multiple locations. (Hoffa's body, Location of shooter on grassy knoll...)

skydra 03-20-2008 11:46 AM

That sounds pretty cool

GoodThings2Life 03-20-2008 11:46 AM

I swear it wasn't me--- it was the one-armed man!

Anyway, thanks no2chem-- great work!

bedoig 03-20-2008 12:28 PM

Cool idea. Definetly going on my wife's Touch when/if GPS gets enabled.

rynosims 03-20-2008 12:43 PM

Sounds like a great program. I was always wondering why some of the GPS programs didn't include a "save current location" option, so you can quickly get directions (Where did DB Cooper really stash his money...).

InvincibleLiving 03-20-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesus (Post 224317)
Nice idea for a program.

Something to think about...multiple locations. Maybe future locations will give users the ability to save and name multiple locations. (Hoffa's body, Location of shooter on grassy knoll...)

+1 to what jamesus said... name adding and multiple locations would make this a winner... we're sure youre on it though, you said this first release was more a proof of concept.

Synned 03-20-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynosims (Post 224416)
Sounds like a great program. I was always wondering why some of the GPS programs didn't include a "save current location" option, so you can quickly get directions (Where did DB Cooper really stash his money...).

Watch prison break by chance?