View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 AM
no2chem
Retired Staff

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
nuePARK - save / find where you parked, BETA

hello,

ive been fairly busy lately, but I did manage to quickly build nuepark, a program that will help you quickly find a saved location using gps. (ie, a parking spot), designed to be fast (ie. click, save, leave your car) .. then when you need to come back, just start the app again. most gps apps today are quite hefty and take a while to start.

its a beta, so theres going to be some bugs...

known issues so far:
sometimes will record 0 when gps is not ready

its really just a proof of concept app at the moment, not extremely fancy or anything. its written in c++ so its much faster than a .net implementation would be.

to use:

save your location: start > program> nuetools > nuePark Save
find how to get back to that location: start > program > nuetools > nuePark

note - gps doesn't really have heading information, and since there is no compass built in to our device, you will need to move around a little before nuepark will be able to tell you what direction you need to start heading.

available on the ftp as ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/No...uePark-cab.CAB .. not available on my site yet.

give me input, and let me know if this program is at all useful to you.
This post has been thanked 8 times.