PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What will you do when the new ROM comes out on Monday?
I'll be updating my phone at 9am EST on the dot! 137 59.05%
I'll wait for a custom ROM 58 25.00%
What I have now works fantastic, I'll just stick with it. 9 3.88%
I have absolutely not a clue what I'm going to do 28 12.07%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, the new update is coming...

I'm really torn on what I will do...

1) I REALLY would love to see what kind of improvements they have made to the stock ROM. I'm a man, I'm completely impatient and won't be able to wait a couple of hours for this!

2) I KNOW I will end up just moving to a custom ROM that I'm betting comes out within hours....no2chem?
Old 03-08-2008, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ms30250 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ms30250

i personally cannot wait but i want nex and no2 to fix em up before i flash
Old 03-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

I will update to the OEM and wait a few until a stable custom ROM/Kitchen is released
Old 03-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I will update and then update again when a custom ROM is released.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
*if* the new ROM comes out.
ditto.......

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbosu View Post
I don't know if I could ever go back to an OEM ROM...I think I'll wait for no2chem to take all the goodies from the offical one and cook them into a custom unit.
ditto.........
Old 03-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I'll upgrade to the OEM (since I need to update anyway to get the new radio) and run that for a few weeks while the better custom roms rev up, or better yet a kitchen appears...

I've not had bad luck at all with the 2.17 oem rom - it is pretty feature comparable to the apache kitchen rom base, and with the mogul's overly large internal flash there is less need to cram apps into the rom to make a usable image.

So, I'm likely to eventually move to a custom rom based off wm6.1, since that seems to have better memory management, and you can use a smaller page pool to get a bit more breathing room... but there is no rush...
I will also upgrade to the OEM and run it for a bit...I'm always curious to see OEM performance. Also, I want to be able to participate in all of the "This ROM sucks" and "Problems with ROM xyz" threads. I wanna see what Sprint & HTC cook up.

But ultimately, I think once you find a good custom ROM for your needs, you never stick w/OEMs very long.

BTW- Schettj, I bet most people can't identify who that is in your avatar...I love that movie, but a lot people, like my wife, think that if the movie is made before 1980, it's not worth watching. She would never watch a black and white movie. Too bad.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

just wondering what movie is it?
Old 03-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Lurker

bigdog5142 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbosu View Post
I don't know if I could ever go back to an OEM ROM...I think I'll wait for no2chem to take all the goodies from the offical one and cook them into a custom unit.
I'm new to the PPC game...I've had a Treo 700p for two years and just made the jump to the Mogul. I LOVE it so far, but I'm so nervous to put a cooked ROM on it. I did it before with old PPC devices (not phones) but it still makes me VERY nervous. I'll see how this ROM update goes and then I MIGHT do cooked ROM. I'm considering the Simply Everything 900 plan...but want to see what the ROM is like first. I might wait until Sprint TV is available on the Mogul and then do the upgrade. Have unlimited data right now anyway, so I'm doing pretty good.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer_Moore View Post
just wondering what movie is it?
Dr. Strangelove...It's takes place during the cold war, it deals specifically with the nuclear arms race...I don't wanna say too much...

A Stanley Kubrick classic!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0057012/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan