View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Ovendoor
Regular 'Geeker

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, the new update is coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I'll upgrade to the OEM (since I need to update anyway to get the new radio) and run that for a few weeks while the better custom roms rev up, or better yet a kitchen appears...

I've not had bad luck at all with the 2.17 oem rom - it is pretty feature comparable to the apache kitchen rom base, and with the mogul's overly large internal flash there is less need to cram apps into the rom to make a usable image.

So, I'm likely to eventually move to a custom rom based off wm6.1, since that seems to have better memory management, and you can use a smaller page pool to get a bit more breathing room... but there is no rush...
I will also upgrade to the OEM and run it for a bit...I'm always curious to see OEM performance. Also, I want to be able to participate in all of the "This ROM sucks" and "Problems with ROM xyz" threads. I wanna see what Sprint & HTC cook up.

But ultimately, I think once you find a good custom ROM for your needs, you never stick w/OEMs very long.

BTW- Schettj, I bet most people can't identify who that is in your avatar...I love that movie, but a lot people, like my wife, think that if the movie is made before 1980, it's not worth watching. She would never watch a black and white movie. Too bad.