PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 Standard ROM :(***Nexus One***Iphone 3gs
Carrier: T-Mobile

504boi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to 504boi
Re: Mogual and Tilt internal swap?

lemme kno if this works Im game
Old 02-29-2008, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

You also have to consider losing all your other buttons since the Tilt casing only have holes for the power and camera. I think the camera in the back is also not in the same spot as the tilt. if it is the same spot, you lose flash or flash light feature since the tilt doesnt have the hole for the LED. Then you have the buttons on the front. The tilt has all the buttons on the bottom. Your mogul uses 2 circuit board for the top keys and then another for the bottom keys. Tilt uses just one the botton. I doubt they connect to the mother board the same way. And the screen is not centered either. Unless ofcourse you're going to reuse the tilts top half then all those things wont matter. You just have to make sure the ribbon cable the connects the Tilts top half will connect to the moguls mainboard. This means you have to have an extra tilt to disect for this mod. All that just for a tilting feature?

Another way maybe, if the sliding mechanism is similar in size and mounting then you might be able to fit one from a Tilt into the mogul. If this can be done then that would be cool since I prefer the Mogul casing and screen position over the Tilt and you dont have to hassle with internals. But then where would you get that part from?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am sorry but I was unable to make time to steal my buddies phone to compare today due to being busy at work but I should be able to on Monday when I get back... I might even be able to ErsaScope it as well if I get time to see just how possible it is... Today was just way too crazy for anything but work..

James
Old 03-01-2008, 08:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

vitaminjay1982 is a n00b

instead of trying to put the titan guts in a tilt case why dont we look at just the tilt mechanism that ataches the screen to the base. and look at what mods would have to be done to adapt the titan case to support the tilt mechanism.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i was thinking the above. if someoe has a tilt that they could donate i would be able to find way to change the internals around or see if i could adapt the tilt screen onto the mogul. i can guarntee that i could gt it to work one of the ways with loss of as few features as were listed above like flash if gwent the later way. if someone has one with dirty numbers they would lieto donate hit me up through a pm and i will pay shipping over.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyidaho View Post
I think the tilt is a thinner device. So the internals might not fit.
and don't forget heavier by nearly an ounce...
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 09-15-2008, 05:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

bigwrigg is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bigwrigg Send a message via Yahoo to bigwrigg

I was sad to see this thread seemed dead. But heres the answer, NO it cant be done.
I have a tilt and mogul both in pieces on my desk in front of me, and the 2 are not inter changable.

The biggest problem is they have different connectors for all attachments. The keyboard connector on both are different, and the connector for the LCD is different as well. So physically switching the top housing (keyboard and LCD) wont work. Next i was going to try swapping the entire guts, but none of the screw holes will line up properly. Basically nothing is interchangable on the 2 devices. The rear and front housings on both are completely different.

My next step is to take the Black alltel case and put it on my Sprint Mogul. I think the black looks better.

That sucks too, i was hoping to have a mogul with tilt screen and more rugged housing. Oh well.

Last edited by bigwrigg; 09-15-2008 at 05:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan