View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 09:42 PM
aznmode
VIP Member

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogual and Tilt internal swap?

You also have to consider losing all your other buttons since the Tilt casing only have holes for the power and camera. I think the camera in the back is also not in the same spot as the tilt. if it is the same spot, you lose flash or flash light feature since the tilt doesnt have the hole for the LED. Then you have the buttons on the front. The tilt has all the buttons on the bottom. Your mogul uses 2 circuit board for the top keys and then another for the bottom keys. Tilt uses just one the botton. I doubt they connect to the mother board the same way. And the screen is not centered either. Unless ofcourse you're going to reuse the tilts top half then all those things wont matter. You just have to make sure the ribbon cable the connects the Tilts top half will connect to the moguls mainboard. This means you have to have an extra tilt to disect for this mod. All that just for a tilting feature?

Another way maybe, if the sliding mechanism is similar in size and mounting then you might be able to fit one from a Tilt into the mogul. If this can be done then that would be cool since I prefer the Mogul casing and screen position over the Tilt and you dont have to hassle with internals. But then where would you get that part from?