PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Ultimate Launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer View Post
Would UL work alongside Spb Mobile Shell? I'm under the impression that UL is more of a Today screen replacement. Correct me if I'm wrong. Spb Mobile Shell is running fine on my phone, but this looks good as well. Wondering if I'd have to uninstall Shell before I load this as I dont want it to clash if there is a compatibility issue between the two.
Thanks.
IT will work, but your device will be noticeably slower. I'd stick with mobile shell and the customizer. I loved that setup b4 I moved onto manilla.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

devinc is keeping up the good workdevinc is keeping up the good work

I tried to use UL tonight and my experience was less than pleasant. On an XV 6800 with WM 6.1 there were an amazing amount of bugs:

1. When turning the cube, quite often the UL portion of the Today Screen would pixelate into rainbow lines and the entire phone would freeze, requiring a soft reset.

2. Trying to add the battery status stuff resulted in error being displayed in the Tab section of the Configuration screen.

3. Removing the text from the present icons likewise resulted in error being displayed in the Tab section of the Configuration screen.

Even uninstalling the program encountered sum hiccups which I was able to deal with.

Too bad, as I really wanted to be able to use the program.

Devin
Old 10-17-2008, 12:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

hector Norcisa is a n00b
Re: NEED HELP

hi any body have or point to I can the rum to flash verizon server to cricket service pls thank
Old 10-17-2008, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
IT will work, but your device will be noticeably slower. I'd stick with mobile shell and the customizer. I loved that setup b4 I moved onto manilla.
I have both UL & mobile shell running together & my Titan runs super (dcd 3.2.6)

I was running manila 2D myself until the novelty wore off & I realized how badly it limits the usefulness of the device.

My system runs as fast or faster with the current config as it ever did with manila 2D.

~John
Old 01-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon and ATT

jcrompton is a n00b

Does anyone know a way to activate 2 Today Plugins at the same time on the same Tab of UL, so you don't have to switch between Tabs for two very commonly used plugins.

I wanna have PhoneAlarm and a nice big Clock plugin on my main tab !

I also have one more question - can someone please review their UltimateLaunch ini file and see what change is made to the ini file when a particular Tab has the setting "Open Tab on Startup" applied. I can't see that check on my square screen.

Last edited by jcrompton; 01-18-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:23 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't have UL installed anymore, but IIRC you need to create a combination tab & then add two plug-ins.

I had a tab with HTC_HOME & Weather Panel combined.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon and ATT

jcrompton is a n00b

Thank you !! That worked great I had never used that Combined Tab option - didn;t know it was there.

Does anyone know for sure if there is a way to have the UL program to automatically open a particular Tab and it's contents upon startup. I saw a check option that I think is supposed to do just that but I can't see whether or not I'm checking it for sure or not because of my square Treo Pro screen. Can someone check that option and then send me or give me an excerpt from the UlitmateLaunch ini file that checking that Automatic on startup option puts in the ini file

Or any other suggestions ...

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrompton View Post
Does anyone know for sure if there is a way to have the UL program to automatically open a particular Tab and it's contents upon startup. !
Yes, you can definitely do that. As you say, there is a checkbox for it but I can't tell you exactly where it is since I don't have it installed to look at.

UL is an AWESOME program but it definitely has a bit of a learning curve, it is not very intuitive at all. It is worth learning the ins/outs however, when I had my last Titan I ran it for a long time with all custom icons etc etc

~John
Old 01-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yes, but the tab has to have a today plugin. Under Today Plugin there is a check box for Activate plugin on startup.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800

elcaminomd@aol.com is a n00b

I downloaded and when the phone reset it says fatal error. any ideas on a fix

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan