PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmarac View Post
Is there an english version, I went into the settings and had to blink a few times because I could only read a word or two of the german.

Yes there is an english version. Try following the english links from www.ultimatelaunch.de or just go to handango and download it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfan2232 View Post
I have the trial version of Ultimate Launcher and it worked fine for 2 days. Now none of my plug ins work on my today screen. Just a blank screen. If I de-select UL on the today menu for homescreen plug-ins and do a soft reset the plug-ins work. Whats going on? Is it because its the trial version? I have already tried un-installing and re-installing.
This is probably not due to it being a trial version. As far I know the only thing the trail has is the nags. Try messing around with the settings such as the load tab on start up. Also in the today plugin settings there is a save memory setting to no load the plugin unless it is activated. You can try changing that as well.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey guys just wanted to let you know after many many many hours of configuring I have officially ditched Ultimate Launcher for Wisbar Advanced Desktop 2. While it is more difficult to configure it can do much more than UL, it even has side scrolling.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

missshavonne is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Hey guys just wanted to let you know after many many many hours of configuring I have officially ditched Ultimate Launcher for Wisbar Advanced Desktop 2. While it is more difficult to configure it can do much more than UL, it even has side scrolling.
My personal approach is WAD2-- with UL as a plug in on my 1st page-- just the top of the page-- to display simple stuff that looks good as part of my screen-- CLOCK, WEATHER (Weather Panel Phat Phinger theme on like 230 pixels), Calendar-- info type stuff....

Its working great for me-- I may have to do screenshots one day--
Old 03-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Almost a VIP

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I used WAD for a while. I never really liked how it functioned. It lookes incredibly pretty when you get the right theme. I opted for simplicity. UL is far and away my favorite today plugin.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missshavonne View Post
My personal approach is WAD2-- with UL as a plug in on my 1st page-- just the top of the page-- to display simple stuff that looks good as part of my screen-- CLOCK, WEATHER (Weather Panel Phat Phinger theme on like 230 pixels), Calendar-- info type stuff....

Its working great for me-- I may have to do screenshots one day--
Interesting may I ask how much memory you have with the config. Might try something similar.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor

I cannot seem to figure out how to get the UL to use the HTC Home Clone theme. Can anyone provide some instructions or point me to the right place. Ive copied everything into the batterstatus folder
Old 03-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D

I have UltimateSearch as a plugin in UL & when I tap inside the bar to get the cursor so I can start typing, nothing happens (no cursor or keyboard). Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited by Ya Boi D; 03-31-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

datapusher is a n00b

Do you happen to know if there is a way to put 5 or 6 apps to a line instead of the default 4? i would like to do this without having to make the icons look tiny.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by datapusher View Post
Do you happen to know if there is a way to put 5 or 6 apps to a line instead of the default 4? i would like to do this without having to make the icons look tiny.

Thanks
You can play with the margin between the icons on the Display tab.

I have 6. You are only limited by the actual size of the space across (240px).
Old 04-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Lurker

dslroper is a n00b

Hi, I am a novice. Have HTC Home Customizer and Ultimate Launcher on my phone. I had to do several hard resets before I got everything working together. However, when I first set up Ultimate Launcher, the cube shifted the Clock half of the tabs while mmy calendar on the bottom was static. Now the clock and my calendar are static and the I have to scroll down below the calendar to see the cube portion with the five tabs I set up. How do I get the Clock page to become one of the tabs and move as part of the Cube?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan