PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbrissie View Post
I am having some trouble getting the software to load on soft reset. If I have UL enabled my phone will not load any of my today screen plugins on a soft reset. The program works OK after enabling it thru my today screen, just fails after a soft reset, none of the other today sceen items load either. Other applications i.e. word, outlooks, etc. work OK, I can still access my settings, diasable UL from today screen, soft reset and everything comes back OK.

I am not using HTC Home, only Phone Alarm, SPB PP4, SPB Diary and Weather Panel, plugins currently load separate of UL.

UL is only set to load it's default stuff, no extra plugins or such.

Any Ideas?

Verizon 6700 WM6 Helmi's Kitchen
EDIT- I just realized you said you have Verizon 67000. There seem to be some issues with this particular phone and UL. Maybe someone else can state if there has been any resolution to the issues.

There are two settings that you need to pay attention to to have it automatically come up when you soft reset. There is a setting in the "Tab" tab that says Open tab on start up. This setting pertains to the tab you want to be your home tab or main tab and will come up as the default.

If this main tab is a today plugin or a combined tab then you need to go into the today plugin settings an choose activate plugin on startup.

If you dont do this the behavior may be that you have to click on something before the plugin will load. This is to conserve memory as I understand it.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

pozer69 is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Ultimate Launch

Ultimate Launch and the 6700

Ok...Here is the deal with the 6700. I have not found a setting or anything to prevent the screen from disappearing but what I have noticed is that if you disable UL in the Today then soft reset then enable after the reset it will show up and work fine. If your ppc freezes and you soft reset without disabling UL it will not show up and your other today plugins will not show up either, just disable UL and soft reset again, then enable UL in Today screen.
I know this sounds like a pain but if you really like the program then you wouldn't mind, I don't. Other people has said to just tap the screen when your ppc loads and it is blank but that didnt work for me.
Let me know if anyone else has any ideas or other solutions.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible

pozer69 is a n00b

Anyone have any ideas on what programs are used at the bottom of the screen in the youtube video???
Old 03-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

jimbrissie is a n00b
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozer69 View Post
Ultimate Launch and the 6700

Ok...Here is the deal with the 6700. I have not found a setting or anything to prevent the screen from disappearing but what I have noticed is that if you disable UL in the Today then soft reset then enable after the reset it will show up and work fine. If your ppc freezes and you soft reset without disabling UL it will not show up and your other today plugins will not show up either, just disable UL and soft reset again, then enable UL in Today screen.
I know this sounds like a pain but if you really like the program then you wouldn't mind, I don't. Other people has said to just tap the screen when your ppc loads and it is blank but that didnt work for me.
Let me know if anyone else has any ideas or other solutions.

Hope this helps!!!
Thanks for the info, I was hoping for a workaround, but alas I guess not.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
Ok, here are a couple dummy questions.

1. Quite often, when I try to access a today plugin, I get one of two errors... either "Error during plugin initialization" or "the plugin is already active"... Can someone clue me into how to avoid these errors?

2. Any thoughts on how to build your UL setup into your rom? Obviously I can make an OEM out of the cab file, but what about saving settings? Anyone?

Bumping this post.

Anyone?
Old 03-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Almost a VIP

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Do you already have an instance of the given plugin on your today screen? The only time i got this error was when i was trying to trick the tasks plugin into working by chaning the registry key.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

bkaz is becoming a great contributor

1. Like eerhard said, if the plugin is already selected in the Today settings you will get that error. Deslecting the item from the Today setting isn't always enough. Many times the error will stay until you restart the phone or "Reload the ini".

2. Aren't all of the UL settings stored in the ultimatelauncher.ini? After I hard reset I just copy my backup copy of the ini to the UL folder. I suppose you could just drop your custom ini into the cab or oem but I've never tried it myself.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
Do you already have an instance of the given plugin on your today screen? The only time i got this error was when i was trying to trick the tasks plugin into working by chaning the registry key.

I thought of that, and I actually removed EVERYTHING except UL from my today screen in response... then soft reset, and I still got those two errors.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkaz View Post
1. Like eerhard said, if the plugin is already selected in the Today settings you will get that error. Deslecting the item from the Today setting isn't always enough. Many times the error will stay until you restart the phone or "Reload the ini".

2. Aren't all of the UL settings stored in the ultimatelauncher.ini? After I hard reset I just copy my backup copy of the ini to the UL folder. I suppose you could just drop your custom ini into the cab or oem but I've never tried it myself.

If I ever get UL set up totally the way I want, I'll give #2 a try and report back... It may be a few days, because I'm making a list of all the different crap I want to integrate into my next rom...
Old 03-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
I thought of that, and I actually removed EVERYTHING except UL from my today screen in response... then soft reset, and I still got those two errors.
What today plugin is it? If I have it I'll test it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan