PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 02:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

purduinam3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another n00bie, please help!

Alright, I've been searching aimlessly around this site and other for hours now, waisting my time because I have NO clue what I'm looking for. Please bear with me and help if you wouldn't mind. I'm sure you get these questions all the time, I just don't know my terminology therefore making it hard to search and what not.

I just upgraded from a 6700 to a Mogul (6800). I guess this is also known as the Titan? My friend helped me out with my 6700 and we used a kitchen program to put a new OS on the phone. It looked something like this:

I've seen the thread with all the screen shots, and thats all fine and dandy, but I can't figure out how to even get that operating system home page on the phone!! I love the way that it has the weather and time and top 9 people set up. That would be awesome to have!

Also, I installed this "yellow cube" on my phone because it seemed like it had this operating system, but it doesn't seem to be working properly. I know I'm probably overlooking or missing one key thing here thats throwing me off...

Cliff notes: How do I get my home screen to look like that above? Maybe you have some software suggestions for me considering I have nothing on my phone yet? Also, I had this "touch" program that allowed for touch scrolling on my old phone - that was a cool feature that I'd like to have back if I could.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

rehab5656 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rehab5656
Re: Another n00bie, please help!

basically..most of the 6700 cabs and files work for the 6800 with a few exceptions. try doing all the same things on this phone as the other.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

purduinam3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehab5656 View Post
basically..most of the 6700 cabs and files work for the 6800 with a few exceptions. try doing all the same things on this phone as the other.
Really?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11074

Thats the exact one I used, and it says specifically that its not compatible with the 6800/mogul

Where else can I find these cabs?
Old 02-23-2008, 03:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

purduinam3 is a n00b

Also, my phone says it has the ROM version 2.09.651.3 I'm reading that there are updates, but also reading that some of them suck? Which one do I want? Stick with the one I have?

If anyone knows what they're doing and has some free time and wants to help me via AIM, I can paypal you whatever you feel your time is worth.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work

You dont need to install a "new operating system" to get that look, search for HTC Home, and HTC Home Customizer. They are Today screen plug-ins that sit on TOP of the operating system and will give you exactly the look you want. You WILL need to find the black HTC background (which is just a Today 'theme').

Good Luck
Old 02-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

purduinam3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
You dont need to install a "new operating system" to get that look, search for HTC Home, and HTC Home Customizer. They are Today screen plug-ins that sit on TOP of the operating system and will give you exactly the look you want. You WILL need to find the black HTC background (which is just a Today 'theme').

Good Luck
Thanks so much!!!! I got it to work fine now. I was just looking for the wrong thing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduinam3 View Post
Also, my phone says it has the ROM version 2.09.651.3 I'm reading that there are updates, but also reading that some of them suck? Which one do I want? Stick with the one I have?
Any ideas on that? thanks guys!

Last edited by purduinam3; 02-23-2008 at 05:08 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan