PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 02:25 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Mogul on CW's Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC1 View Post
This is nothing new. Sprint has been heavily into what is known as "product placement advertising" for a long time now. Basically, the vendor of a product pays the producers so that that the product appears in a scene in a TV show, movie, music video.... even video games now. Whenever you see folks standing in a kitchen and there happens to be a can of Coke or Pepsi, it's not just a random choice of whatever they had around for a prop.

If you want to see really outrageous uses of product placement, watch previous seasons of "24".... where Jack is talking on a Sprint phone to Chloe at the same time she's downloading schematics to him... can you say "Rev A and VoIP"?
Don't get me wrong, I know about product placement... I just thought it'd be fun to share the catch with others.

Sprint also heavily placed the Touch with Heroes during the past season with the whole "Create the next Hero" thing... even though it was a drawing, it was clearly a Touch.

Unless a product's brand is generic or blurred out on a TV show/movie/video game/etc., the maker is paying to have it there.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:43 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah Sprint is heavily into product placement. CSI uses Nextel, the video game TRUE CRIME STREETS OF LA uses Nextel(even though they outright show a Nextel its still an outline of an i870).
Old 02-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Gamer03 is a n00b

The funniest thing I have saw is one of the people on Heroes using a Sprint Motorola Razr 2 (it even showed the name Sprint on the device) when they were in Ireland.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan