PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Same here i'm in NYC and we've had rev.a since they started it and mine reads P Rev in use 6... even though the gps is working and i am on no2chem's 6.1 rom I have a feeling i'm not on rev.A... my upload speeds really arent to high and my downloads r only about 500-700k. I'll try again later because i just got a new wifi card on my laptop maybe this will help cause i get much better speeds overall with it.

Last edited by hotbyz168; 02-02-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbyz168 View Post
Same here i'm in NYC and we've had rev.a since they started it and mine reads P Rev in use 6... even though the gps is working and i am on no2chem's 6.1 rom I have a feeling i'm not on rev.A... my upload speeds really arent to high and my downloads r only about 500-700k. I'll try again later because i just got a new wifi card on my laptop maybe this will help cause i get much better speeds overall with it.
well, im sure im getting revA.. uploads of 600k...
Old 02-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nice... Maybe the network here is just too congested
Old 02-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbyz168 View Post
Nice... Maybe the network here is just too congested

380kbps is reva for sure too, i think rev0 would have technically maxed out at around 150
Old 02-02-2008, 08:45 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Yeah, Rev 0 uses 1xRTT's transmission for uploads I believe.

Also, EV-DO is not and never has been simultaneous voice and data capable. EV-DV promised both but the carriers had already adopted EV-DO and so the EV-DV project was dropped altogether.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
380kbps is reva for sure too, i think rev0 would have technically maxed out at around 150
True... Well in that case good to know its working
btw No2 gd job on 6.1!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Gee, all this rhetoric reminds me of my original question. Has anybody tried to place a voice call while downloading. That would be the "proof in the pudding" so to speak. I say this with all due respect for all of you incredibly intelligent folks, but I am in the industry just as some of you are and I have done some research on the subject. The bottom line is that it is possible that this unit may have the capability. Whether it be dual modulation through the radio or voice to one tower and data to another using two different channels (this is what evdo did, add multi-channel communication). evdo-evdv is a dead issue. Truth is that when evdo was first being bragged about by top Sprint folks to their stock holders, it was mentioned that the possibility of simultaneoud data and voice would be enabled. Now we see that the Qualcom chip plays friendly with this notion. This I read on a Qualcom Sales sheet for the processor chip. I don't think any of us will get a straight answer from the nice Sprint folks because if it is enabled, it is for a specific enterprise customer or two. They certainly do not want to make this news public because this would load down their circuits. We all know that the average consumer doesn't need to do this type of power usage. An example of the need for simultaneous voice and data would be a company that keeps track of company vehicle positions using the employee's Mogul that is constantly transmitting gps data over the wireless network. While transmitting this data, the employee is using the phone for voice communications. A large enterprise level corporation would have the logistical influence to cause Sprint to make this technology available, yet Sprint may not make it public knowledge and not a lot of people will check because no need. If, however, a public anouncement was made, it would be abused for all kinds of stupid reasons.

So it will be interesting to see if, aside from all the guessing, this ethearial capability may actually exist. I hope I haven't offended anyone that has committed to the statement of "no way". It's just that I have seen otherwise from so many different sources for so many months starting two years ago.

Ok. I am gonna take my soap box and go to another thread (lucky for you all). Let me just leave you with a vote of respect for all who have posted/responded one way or another and not trying to be contentious. I just would like to see someone try it to settle this once and for all (for now).

matt
Old 02-02-2008, 11:07 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
I tried it and it does *NOT* work. Case closed.

The phone automatically falls back to 1x when you make a call and you can not do data and voice in 1x.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Thanks. You have the new ROM and you are in a rev a area, right?

matt
Old 02-02-2008, 11:41 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*

Yes and yes.

Almost all of Denver is Rev A

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan