PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Figuring out if you're on RevA

Is there a way to figure out if you're on RevA without uploading/downloading anything?

Like, is there some number in fieldtest or that would be exposed to ril that would tell me if I'm on revA or not?

I've tried looking into ril, but it just returns RIL_SYSTEMTYPE_1XEVDOPACKET or RIL_SYSTEMTYPE_1XRTTPACKET, which doesn't really tell me if im on rev A, unless im overlooking something...
Old 02-02-2008, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
this rev A that we hear about, is it supposed to be a increase in bandwith from the carriers because of actual hardware upgrades/ or is it somekind of new data compression which allows more info to be transfered while the throughput stays the same? I have cricket as a carrier and we just got EVDO and so i imagine that i would not see any differnce on my phone.
And i personally think that if u cant tell ANY difference right now, then this rev A thing might just be a marketing ploy or an excuse to raise rates for a so called faster data transfer/ just my 2 pennies
Old 02-02-2008, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Has anyone tried the obvious? That is doing a download (maybe download a ROM or something) then placing a call during the download to see if this is, truly, Rev A.

I know that doesn't answer your question, chem, but it just crossed my mind then I did a lame search to find out without any luck. As for me, fortunately I am in a Rev A area, thanks to the National Forest Folk's contract with Sprint, but am too chicken to flash. My data card is Rev A and been using it for over a year (now in a KR1) because that is this community's only option for hs internet other than silly sat. On the info page of the data card it reads "Rev A".

I know there is a procedure to read the signal on the Mogul, so I will look that up and see if the protocol shows up on the same page as the signal strength. I will let you know.

matt (haven't had my coffee, yet, so I'm rambling)
Old 02-02-2008, 09:57 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
livejazz Trying to place a call during a download has nothing to do with rev A. As far as I know its not possible to have a data connection during a phone call.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I used to have a little write-up that I got from Sprint Partner Relations posted on my web site (www.corporatemobilesolutions.com) with all the particulars regarding Rev A. I put that up for a customer of mine that I eventually sold a few thousand Moguls to. I have since took it down, but left the sales sheet for the mogul on it. I will try to find it. It made a big deal about simultaneous voice and data and that was the big buzz for the first half of 07.

matt
Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, no2chem. Here is the procedure for viewing the signal charactaristics:

Audiovox* UT STARCOM*/*HTC* PPC*6600,* PPC*6700,*XV*6700*
From the*phone*screen,*press *##33284#*or*##33284*and* press *DIAL.*Signal* strength*wi l l *be*after*RSS I*or*RX level .*

Formatting got goofed up with the cut and paste from the other document. I don't understand half the stuff on these screens, chem, but I know you will because you are the amazing no2chem! Hope this helps.

matt
Old 02-02-2008, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

that's what I heard, as well. just trying to verify that because I can't get any straight answers from my rep (probably because she can't get any from her boss). there was, however, a lot of wishful conversations going around my industry due to the need for simultaneous data and voice. I am definately going to try once I get the rom installed because my customers are wanting to know.

matt
Old 02-02-2008, 03:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

w8tvi is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to w8tvi
from what I understand, the P_REV entry (all the way at the bottom) tells you what you are on)

6 should be 1xRTT/1xEV-DO rev. 0 and 7 should be 1xEV-DO rev. A.

Can anyone that knows they are in a rev. A area check that out and tell us what P_REV their phone shows?

edit:
I just read the wikipedia page on IS-95, and it says "P_REV=6 and beyond fall under the CDMA2000 umbrella. Besides technical improvements, the IS-2000 documents are much more mature in terms of layout and content. They also provide backwards-compatibility to IS-95."

Last edited by w8tvi; 02-02-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8tvi View Post
from what I understand, the P_REV entry (all the way at the bottom) tells you what you are on)

Can anyone that knows they are in a rev. A area check that out and tell us what P_REV their phone shows?

edit:
I just read the wikipedia page on IS-95, and it says "P_REV=6 and beyond fall under the CDMA2000 umbrella. Besides technical improvements, the IS-2000 documents are much more mature in terms of layout and content. They also provide backwards-compatibility to IS-95."
i am in a RevA area. My sierra 595 gets revA speeds but my mogul with the newest beta rom doesnt
Old 02-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8tvi View Post

edit:

yeah, I've read that, but apparently P_REV has nothing to do with EVDO, and in a revA area, I still get P_REV = 6...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan