PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 11:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

PineApple Express is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seido rubberized case for 3200mAh battery

SeidioSeidio please check your PM's please.

Thanks
CHuck
PAE
Old 04-10-2008, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

Seidio rubberized case & Extended battery - Review - Day 1.

I received my case, battery and the extended PDA stylus yesterday, and charged it last night. This is my first day using them.

As expected, it dosen't fit in the standard case. (I had this slim hope I might stretch the leather, but no dice.) After some measuring and googling, I've found a couple prospects. It looks like one from Factory Direct Cellular will fit, and has a second strap that fits over the clip for an extra secure hold.
http://www.factorydirectcellular.com...al/psl-pda.htm

The battery and cover seem to fit well. From a full charge at 8am 'till now with light to moderate usage, I'm showing 91%. (using no2chem's battery driver.)

I'm also quite pleased with the extended PDA stylus. With the 4 1/8" length makes a big difference and feels more stable holding it. I often use a long stylus from an older PDA at home, this one may preclude that necessity.

I'm not so happy yet with the fit of the rubberized case. The face portion fits well enough, the back dosen't quite fit. If I slide it on from one side or the other, the tiny tabs will hook around the edge of the slide, but the tabs on the other side won't reach. It's still snugly on the phone, but the improper fit obscures the click wheel, OK button and voice-cmd button. I suspect the extra piece near that button area (that closes the cutout) adds to the obstruction. I don't know yet if this is a general design flaw, or I got a bad back. I'll be e-mailing Seidio today and see how their response is...

I'm also missing the small cutout on the bottom left where one would attach a safety strap... I always had a short one from an old camera attached there, and I'm really noticing the omission... Should be easy to fix with a small bit drill, but I have to wait before I make any mods...

The "rubberized" finish does have a slight slickness, but I think I'll get used to that.

More to follow.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Review - Update day 2.
By the end of the day with light-moderate usage, (didn't run any batt meters..) I still had 85% battery remaining. By midnight-1am, with my usage moderate to heavy, my battery level was 51-54%. I plugged it in and crashed.

Still no reply from Seidio regarding the rubberized case.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Does no one have this case? I'm looking for comparrisons on the fit..
Old 04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

I have the case and it seems to fit well on the phone itself. My one big problem is that I bought one of seidios charging car kits for a $100 bucks because I was told by seidioseidio that it would fit with the new extended rubberized case. This isn't the case, the only way to make it fit is to break it, now im out $100, I filed an RMA more then 2 weeks ago and still have had no response.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof View Post
I have the case and it seems to fit well on the phone itself. My one big problem is that I bought one of seidios charging car kits for a $100 bucks because I was told by seidioseidio that it would fit with the new extended rubberized case. This isn't the case, the only way to make it fit is to break it, now im out $100, I filed an RMA more then 2 weeks ago and still have had no response.
How many times have I said, Seidio's customer support is crap, just plain crap. Don't believe anything they tell you. Seriously. Good products, crap customer support.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Does your case obscure the clickwheel or ok/voicecmd buttons?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnkeys View Post
Does your case obscure the clickwheel or ok/voicecmd buttons?
No all my buttons are exposed and work fine. My clickwheel actually died from all those months I had my phone with the extended battery with no case. It got pushed into the phone and now it doesn't even work
Old 04-15-2008, 04:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

seidioseidio is a n00b

Quote:
I apologize for not getting to your post yesterday, but while I try to get into the forums as often as I can to check posts and PMs, it isn't always possible. Yesterday I only got through a few of them before running to a meeting. I put my email at the bottom of every post, and this will always be the quickest way to reach me.

Our 6800 car kits do work with our extended battery and extended case. There is a small plastic insert in the kit that must be removed to accomodate the case. This is explained in the included manual.

All RMA requests are handled within 1-2 business days, so we must have not received yours for some reason. Please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com. I'll make sure you receive an RMA so you can send your kit back for a full refund.

Thanks,
Old 06-20-2008, 10:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

digitalkhaos is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to digitalkhaos Send a message via AIM to digitalkhaos Send a message via MSN to digitalkhaos

I have the 2400mah battery from Verizon, will this case fit my phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan