PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You guys are misunderstanding what aGPS is. aGPS still uses orbiting GPS sats for positionsing. The "a" means "assisted". All cell phones have to have aGPS for the E911 service. The assistence the GPS gets is in quicker aquisition of sattelites, and quicker triangulation by receiving cached sat data from the assistence servers. The mogul has always had GPS turned on. This ROM unlocks it so the user can access it.

"A-GPS" is REAL GPS....with the addition of cache data and triangulation support from assistence servers.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
All I got from this Thread was Hey We need to infor HTC that the new Mogul PPC6900 or 7000 whatever needs the Touch's memory and the mogul's features I.E. a mogul with the Touch's Memory
Old 01-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
Uh, Mogul's GPS is also AGPS. I'm pretty sure it's not a "full GPS". It is just as good with the main difference that you lose cell coverage, you lose GPS.

Mogul and Touch use the same MSM7500 chipset. GPS may not be enabled in the Touch (I don't know if it is or not), but it could be.
You, sir, are wrong. If it was aGPS, then why does GPS work in flight mode? And why do I need to get a satellite fix before it working? If it was aGPS, it would work right away sitting inside, which it doesn't.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Also, as far as memory issues, yeah 64 mb sucks, but to be honest I've only had one or two occasions where I genuinely ran out of memory. Remember, there is no point in having 128mb of ram when most of it is free all the time. Empty ram is wasted ram!
Old 01-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor
I think HTC would get an A+ if they let us manage some of the storage data for memory. That would help the memory issues alot... Sorta like how XP uses a page file.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att
Threadstarter

Joeriginal is a n00b
I love the mogul, the touch was meant to be sprints upgrade to the mogul, but in my eyes should be called a diffrent variation of the PPC 6800, because for what it adds(More RAM) it subtracts just as much(Wifi, Hard keyboard.) and for the people who would say they dont use Wifi or Hard keyboard, as mentioned before in this thread very little Mogul owners would actually need the extra RAM for their usage of the phone, I sure dont, would I like the extra RAM sure, but If I asked Touch owners who "dont use" Wifi, and Keyboard, if they would like those features on their phone, they would also answer yes. The Mogul has done a 180 just like the 6700 did, to me the Touch is just a revised version of the 6800, for user preference, it is not its upgrade.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeriginal View Post
With this Test Rom, and the pending official Rom(I think its safe to say it will be released by Sprint/HTC) It has a lot of people itching to jump back to the mogul, I believe it makes it one of the best phones around, definitly the best sprint has so far, its the best phone Ive ever had.
Ha, I take it you finally got it working Joe? Celebration!

If I've helped you in any post, please take a second to thank me using the icon. Thanks! :P
Old 01-28-2008, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started
My beef is still the ram. I don't want to use that program that makes the X button actually close everything because the first load of of all the basic phone software (contacts, text, calendar, pictures, settings, file explorer, internet explorer) lags for a bit. But then, once they are open, going back to them is FAST just like alt-tab between programs on a pc.

Now, that's all fine and dandy and after a couple days use i'm down to 16mb free and it runs just fine, UNTIL.... I open opera. The java absolutely kills the phone and leaves 1-3 mb free.

So every day I have to fight with the phone between opera and normal usage.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started
btw: I'm pretty sure the chip is qualcomm's GpsOne, which is and enhanced version of AGPS.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GpsOne
Quote:
gpsOne can operate in 4 modes:
  • Standalone - Your handset has no connection to the network, and uses only the GPS satellite signals it can currently receive to try and establish a location.
  • MS Based - Your handset is connected to the network, and uses the GPS signals + a location signal from the network.
  • MS Assisted - Your handset is connected to the network, uses GPS signals + a location signal then relays its 'fix' to the server, which then uses the signal strength from your phone to the network towers to further plot your position. You can still maintain voice communication in this scenario, but not 'Internet/Network service' ie Web Browser, IM, streaming TV etc..
  • MS Assisted/Hybrid - Same as above, but network functionality remains. Normally only in areas with exceptional coverage.

Last edited by willpower101; 01-28-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
whatever gps it is it works without my phone being on.

i am just sitting here laughing at all the people that swore on their lives that this phone was not gps capable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan