PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 10:57 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looks like All love their 6800 .I also came from the 6700 and enjoy my 6800.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
a printer with an ir port would work easily with the mogul, i used to print off my HP pda with no problem. a lot of laserjets have them
Old 01-24-2008, 01:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

the92playboy is just getting started
The biggest reason I bought my 6800 was the internet sharing feature (aka tethering, aka aircard). It was the only smartphone that Bell Mobility provides that has that ability, so for me it was really my only option.

What I have found though, is that the more I use the device, the more I like it.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC WP7 Arrive

jloden78 is keeping up the good workjloden78 is keeping up the good work
Pretty much.....it just has all the features needed or wanted except GPS!!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work
For as much as people around here complain about their carrier/6800, I like my 6800 more than any phone I have ever owned, pocket PC or otherwise. It is very reliable. Yes, it has its WM quirks that require the occasional reset, but i have never had such a powerful phone, nor a fun phone.

Everyone makes fun of me because I carry around such a "brick" (I always have the HTC Extended Battery with it), but my simple reply is; can your phone do this? *insert random demonstration of just about any feature that the mogul has that their iPhone doesn't.*

I love my Mogul and my Mogul loves me. I even like Sprint's service. Have had very few problems with it vs. verizon or god forbid AT&T
Old 01-24-2008, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint

pflatlyne is a n00b
It may also be that those of us that wish to stay with sprint for whatever reason have few other choices for a pda phone. Personally,I looked at the other providers and their data prices were way to high so I decided to stay with sprint.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch
Carrier: Cricket

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird
I currently own a Touch, which I prefer aesthetically to the Titan. I may also get a Titan, however, but it would have to be the Verizon xv6800 model. The Sprint Mogul just looks plain garish to me. But that's just IMHO.

Having previously owned the venerable Apache (6700) series, I can admit that either Titan is sleeker and "sexier" than its predecessor. Lack of that huge, gaudy antenna, for one. However, I did prefer the straight lines that lent to the brick-like solidness of the Apache. But again, that's just IMHO.

The Titan is the next logical upgrade to the Apache, which was a huge commercial success in itself. The Apache remains one of the most hacked phones I've ever ran across.

The Titan holds true to all of the features of the Apache, but expands on this by adding even more input options, not to mention support for MicroSD TransFlash memory. I'm still amazed at all the features the Apache had: IR, bluetooth, WiFi, GPS radio, sliding keyboard, touchscreen, joystick, 1.3 MP camera, camera flash, and Windows Mobile OS. The Titan has all of these and more.

So naturally, for those upgrading from the Apache series, the Titan would inherit all of the former's buzz, community support, and hacker targeting.

The only thing it lacks is a standard stereo headset jack. On that note; I don't understand why cell phone manufacturers can't make just one perfect phone. Something always has to be missing. It's like they do that sh*t on purpose just to piss us off. How hard would it have been to include a standard 3.5mm headphone jack? It's not like the Titan lacks surface space for it. But I digress.

For features and functionality, the Titan series is about as close to perfect as any phone has gotten so far.

*EDIT: Should the Touch ever get GPS and WiFi there wouldn't be any other reason for me to get a Titan. Like I said: I prefer the Touch aesthetically. While I can appreciate the Titan's merits, I would much rather stick with my Touch.
Latest Exploits:
--Sprint HTC Touch Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon InPulse with WAP, MMS, Java, EVDO Rev. A, and GPS (Ghettofreeryder's Vista 7 ROM with 3.35 Radio)
--MOTOKRZR K1m Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon pre-pay with WAP, MMS, and Brew

My LG VX9900 enV to Cricket Tutorial

Next Hijacks: Helping to liberate my MetroPCS bretheren!

Last edited by berry_lthird; 01-27-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
Re: So why is the titan so popular?

At the time its THE best from my Carrier... If I had AT&T I would go with the Newer Titan the Tilt Which as I understand it came with GPS a better camera and better memory !!!!

If I could get Sprint to accept it... ( I hear they now do accept unlocked phones that they didnt provide you) I'd go out and but a glofiish or the new sony erickson with the arc-ed slider but this was what was available. And its very very capable so yea thats my 2 & 1/2 cents

Last edited by ChristianProgrammer; 03-17-2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: blatent type-o no intellisense :-)
Old 03-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Siflan is keeping up the good workSiflan is keeping up the good work

Great device, aside from the mishaps out of the box. But with the amazin' developers we have here at PPC, XDA, SPJ & other sites, we have to appreciate what they've helped us accomplish altogether.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

I like the way mine tastes, it tastes like chicken.

But, really. I had a PPC 6700 (rest in peace little buddy) that died about amonth ago. I got the mogul as a replacement and now I love it more due to the GPS.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan