PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 03:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Solitaryman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So why is the titan so popular?

I couldn't help but notice the section for the 6800 is quite large. Is this because there are certain benefits to owning this device or is it just because of all the problems this device has running the official roms?

The second one is my bet, considering this device is such hassle out of the box. I do love it. But considering this was my first
ppc my imput does not count for much.

*edit* sorry, it seems something funky happened to my post.

Last edited by Solitaryman; 01-21-2008 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:22 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
its the smell... it just smells good.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

rambrush is a n00b
Well its a love hate thing.
I am on my 3rd Mogul and its been ticking along pretty good. At 1st I was ready to throw it at the window.
Just after Christmas had to make a road trip from Az to Washington state and the mogul did us great we were able to pull up the weather ahead text family how we were doing in the blizzards we drove through. Yes you can do all of these things with laptops and other devices but the mogul is what we have plus not many cariers work good in Montana when we are up there.
The only things changed on my unit is the bigger battery and a larger memory card all else works for my needs.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

santino405 is keeping up the good worksantino405 is keeping up the good work
only CDMA offering from HTC for us WM people, and it just happens to be a very nice device
Old 01-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
read my sig.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:26 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
In agreeance to the commentary in delawaresace's sig, forums like PPCGeeks & XDA can make chicken salad (customized powerhouse) from chicken s--t (stock 6800).

The 6800 has a good foundation and through innovation, creative thinking and great people we have been able to capitalize on this device...

That and Sprint is the largest CDMA network with over 35 million customers; Verizon # 2. Therefore the amount of Mogul/XV6800 owners can reach substanial proportions in relation to other carrier's offerings and result in plentiful support & upgrades.

Last edited by xweaponx; 01-21-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

thecalip is just getting started
It's the sexiest phone from Sprint.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Sure we can complain about its lack of memory (good grief is a 30 second soft reset that painful?), and the lack of feature X or feature Z, but at the end of a day, it's a really decent product. (Aside from the Verizon version) It is an attractive device, it's functional, and it has lots of customization options.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
It's a good phone and probably one of the best PPC's out there. The Tilt is also pretty nice but it's got a lack of drives that makes it really slow. Also Sprint is a popular carrier for smart phones because their unlimited data packages are typically 1/2-1/3 the cost of competitors.

The size of the forum is due to the number of people who have them and want to fix the bugs and add functionality through thrid party development.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
alot of us with the moguls are prior 6700 and 700wx users. alot of people jumped ship and went with the touch and when the rev a/gps gets released, they are going to regret it if they dont already.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan