PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gof View Post
It helps 100%. If you DON'T have insurance, they will tell you to send it to the manufacturer.
Nope.

You take it to a sprint service center, not just any sprint store. Ask them how much to repair it. The answer is... $35-$50. Say yes, you wish for them to repair it. If they can't repair it, they will offer to replace it with a referb for that price. $7/mo is $84/yr. Unless you plan on getting yours stolen, or replacing it more then once a year, its a pretty bad deal.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

willyksu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Was not used to this, was with alltel before and had tons of customer service problems.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

brian_k03 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Nope.

You take it to a sprint service center, not just any sprint store. Ask them how much to repair it. The answer is... $35-$50. Say yes, you wish for them to repair it. If they can't repair it, they will offer to replace it with a referb for that price. $7/mo is $84/yr. Unless you plan on getting yours stolen, or replacing it more then once a year, its a pretty bad deal.
This happened with my dad's ppc-6700, the battery would not stay in and took it to service center, and they gave him the 6800.
He came back with with the same phone as me.

Pretty cool of em them, and there is no insurance on our plan.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
Remember, you are just a Customer Service Rep. Key word, CUSTOMER, with an attitude like yours you should have been fired your second day.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

ishdrewnikka is a n00b
with the $7 insurance even if its lost or stolen you still have to pay $50 to get a replacement. those all go through a company called asurion and they send you a refurb phone too. sprint offers the 2 phone protection plans separately for $4 each so you might consider getting just one instead of both
Old 01-15-2008, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

halcyoncmdr is a n00b
As long as you have the correct insurance plan on your phone, replacing the phone or ordering a replacement is not uncommon at all. Most of the time it will be a replacement refurb, however, if they don't have one in store, and the warehouse doesn't either (unlikely for just about all phones) then you will get a replacement new phone.

Or if you're withing your first 30 days, it will be a new phone most likely, but it will count as your one and only exchange opportunity.

I highly recommend getting the insurance on your phone, especially if it is a smartphone. If for any reason there is water damage, or if it gets stolen or lost, would you rather pay a $50 deductible? Or if you aren't eligible for upgrades, pay a lot more pretty much anywhere else.

While the insurance may seem like a rip when you think of it as $84 a year, look at it this way:
The price of a new Mogul retail is $549.
Insurance for 22 months until your next rebateeligibility, including the $50 deductible, is $204.
Which would you rather pay if your phone gets stolen or water damaged and you have to buy a new one?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

zrobug is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishdrewnikka View Post
i work for sprint as the sr tech and i say you got lucky... i would have never done that. and if the had to order you one, then its a refurb phone
Total tool...
Old 01-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 w/ Helmi_c WM6 kitchen upgrade.

Bobby_x23 is a n00b
When I first got my PPC6700, I had a problem after 4 months with my mini USB Plug on the phone, it wouldnt charge the battery what so ever. I took it to Sprint tech and they replaced it with a brand new one right from a box, I had no insurance but their service was excellent. I dont know if it was because I am a Business client or what, but they seemed to be helping me all the way.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wasupwithuman is a n00b
i have insurance... and from what i know... im getting a brand spankin new one... not a refurb.... so ill let you guys know what happens when it gets here...
Old 01-16-2008, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

halcyoncmdr is a n00b
Once you get the new phone, post the SKU that it has. If they ordered you a phone, then it probably will come in a little white or brown cardboard box. If you can, see what the SKU on that says... That SKU itself will tell you whether it is a refurb or a new one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan