PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 11:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 now, XV6700 in the before time
Carrier: Verizon

ksquake is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am not sure if I am having the same problem or a different one. When I attempt to make a call I get three short tones and the call does not go through. I can however call my voice mail and I have data access so I am quite confused. I tried calling *228 and used options 1 and 2 and the nice automated lady tells me my phone was programmed successfully bubt I still get the 3 tones when calling any other numbers.

Anyone else have this?
Old 01-14-2008, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

tvith is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquake View Post
I am not sure if I am having the same problem or a different one. When I attempt to make a call I get three short tones and the call does not go through. I can however call my voice mail and I have data access so I am quite confused. I tried calling *228 and used options 1 and 2 and the nice automated lady tells me my phone was programmed successfully bubt I still get the 3 tones when calling any other numbers.

Anyone else have this?

No, mine wouldn't even let me get to my voicemail. So it's def. not the same problem i had, maybe it's a different variation of it, call Verizon CS and c wat they say.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Lurker

tgantt is a n00b
Exclamation Xv6800

I just bought a VX6800 from Verizon. I did know the disable the WIFI. Is there anyway I can enable it? i can get a signal but I can't get it to connect. Thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800 s10onn2o 1.0.0 rom
Carrier: VERIZON

s10onn2o is just getting started
i have done alot of hard resets when upgradeing the rom and radio and haven't had any problams after that.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800 Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

TopGun2000 is a n00b
Okay, this is really strange. After flashing and hard-resetting my sprint mogul, it cannot roam on vzw at home. got the same authentication error. Well it can still do this at other places (different towers?). Obviously, *228 doesn't work for me.

Don't know if its a bug of 6800. It's kind'a funny if a sprint customer calling vzw for a-key? lol
Old 01-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
can you hear me now?

NO I CAN'T, I HAVE TO CALL AND RE-ACTIVATE CUZ YOUR POS PHONE NEEDED A HARD RESET
Old 02-03-2008, 05:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

scootle is a n00b
Talking same... hard reset... auth call needed

this just happened to me tonight. what's interesting is the data side (#777 evdo part) works fine, just voice calling failed.

exactly what the OP describes... authentication error, call in... they call you back on landline, you soft reset phone after the rep fiddles with something, then you do a couple of test calls on the phone (to the test #832). no mucking with #778 was needed.

the rep in this case said it was actually a tower issue on their end... she said if they do maintenance or something similar the system loses track of your phone, etc. etc. etc.

who knows what the right answer is. all i know is my phone was hard reset last night (new toy... crash crash with software installs, etc.) and problem was today (didn't notice until evening). we'll see if it happens again in the future.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800 running DCD 3.0.1
Carrier: VZW

old_school_dave is a n00b
I've run into this issue on my two-day old VZ6800. They did ask why I wanted to hard reset, and I just said, "It's Windows, it needs it to keep performance up."

So if I gain access to my A-key before hard-resetting, can I just put that value back in the phone, or does it need a random generation each time?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Lurker

rayden25 is a n00b
Happened to me too. I installed a 6.1 ROM the day I got the phone. I called and activated with the original ROM. Wrote down all my info and installed WM 6.1 and new radio to activate the GPS. After it came back up I had EVDO but no calls. Same thing as you guys. the funny thing is that the lady told me that they can do it over the air but it wasn't working for me and had to do it manualy. Went into ##778 and put in an A-Key. I wrote it down on a piece of paper while she told me, then she told me to hit OK. I said let me read it back to you. She said no, you need to hit OK right away. I stalled and told her it wasn't leting me hit OK while I typed the 25 digit number in. Once I got it in and hit OK the phone was good. By the way she reacted I don't think they want you having that number. She was panicing when I asked to verify it. She even asked did you write it down or type i into the phone. I lied! Anyway, I'm keeping it in case I have to hard reset or update my radio again.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:43 AM
Lurker

djg08642 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusio View Post
Good afternoon everyone. I had a strange experience with my new XV6800 (got it on 1/08/0. After playing with it for a few days and doing a couple of bluetooth oriented reg edits, my jawbone was not connecting on a regular basis I decided to do a hard reset. Ran my hard reset. Installed my programs. Got online via PIE. All was working well. Decided to make a call and received the following message:

"unable to authenticate your phone. If you continue to experience problems making calls, please call #8899 from your wireless phone."

So I called this number and it took me to "Account Investigations." The woman was very nice, called me on a landline.

Had me call ##778, edited "A-Key". Entered in 27 digit number. Saved, soft reset. Phone came up and I was able to call.

She said that Verizon had a lot of problems with allowing customers to hard reset their phone and that ALL customers will now have to call after a hard reset in order to authenticate their service. I told her I'd be calling several times a week since I break my phone alot. She laughed and said it was fine.

I don't use this phone to tether and it is on a business account in good standing. I decided to hard reset again to test her statement (about all customers having to do this). Sure enough, "unable to authenticate your phone. If you continue to experience problems making calls, please call #8899 from your wireless phone." Called #8899, they called me back on land line, verified my account info, told me to do a soft reset, phone worked fine. Did not have to run the ##778.

So, my long-winded question would be: Has anyone else experienced this on a hard reset or is it just me? This phone is not going to be as much fun to play with if this is actually the new Verizon policy.

Thank you for any help.
When I upgraded to WM6.1 I got the exact same error message and freaked out because I thought I screwed something up. I told the rep that I was positive all I needed was the A-Key but she actually informed me there was some roaming thing on my account that she turned off and my phone worked fine then.

It's a hassle but for built-in GPS and Rev A, it's definitely worth it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan