PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

doomer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by riironman View Post
i am receiving the one from dz tomorrow , i hope its real. doomer did you try loading 8gig worth of stuff on it?
It seems that many card readers do not recognize the 8GB MicroSDHC cards. Even my relatively new Sony MRW62E 17-in-1 reader seems to have failed. My SanDisk MobileMate SD+ failed as well. It was a slightly older model SDDR-103 that was supposed to read these things. After trying several different readers I picked up another SanDisk MobileMate SD+, this one an SDDR-104 and it is working fine so far. Copied all my files over without any apparent issues.

In response to your request, I decided to pile as close to 8gb onto it as possible to see how well it faired. So I put 13 full-length movies (classic universal horror flix in DivX) as well as my entire TomTom Map collection (USA & Canada) onto it. That combined with my original 2gb card contents put me right at about 7.57GB.

It seems to be working flawlessly!

I thought I would add a little about DZ-Tech. It was a week after I made the purchase before it shipped, and then it took another few days due to the 1st class postage. All said and done it was 10 days before it arrived. The final cost was about $87.00 shipped, so I think it is a good deal considering the newness of this card. On a side note, it arrived in only the usual plastic protective case with SD adapter, no retail (or even OEM) packaging at all. That worried me at first, but it seems fine to me now.

Hope that helps.

-Doomer

Last edited by doomer; 01-17-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
i just hit BIN for a dz-tech 8gb sandisk microsdhc as well
hope it works!

UPDATE
well, got the card today, just loaded over 7 gb of songs. it's definitely 8 gb (7500 some mb after taxes)
so one more testimonial that these are the real deal.

Last edited by Phreddo; 01-26-2008 at 03:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by grypho View Post
Sandisk is planning to launch the 16Gb microSDHC this year (June)... Let's save money for this... Source: http://gizmodo.com/341463/sandisks-n...gb-this-summer
The price for the 8gigger will fall, but not by much, not very fast...
but there is no indication that this 16gigger will be functional in our phones...or for that matter -any phones currently on the market.

I'm still waiting on my 8gb micro sd (from dz-tech) purchase made several days ago. They advertise hundreds of them on ebay, yet take so long to ship them out. At least there has been a couple confirmations that their cards are fully functional on our phones.
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

journey is a n00b
Have one on order as well...

Purchased one through ebay last night. Winning bid was for ~$61 + ~$10 S/H. I checked earlier, and several went for under $70 last night / this morning. Not too shabby, assuming they are not knock-offs...
Old 01-18-2008, 12:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch by HTCâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint PCS

PeterDLai is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmi_c_wantbe View Post
ya i have it and its all good for me 2 weeks running 6 "class" just means how fast the infomation is transfered from sd to device 6 class = 6 gig per sec 4 class = 4 gigs per sec

by the way i think 4 i plenty
Wow, when did microSD get such a ginormous speed boost?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

doomer is a n00b
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
Wow, when did microSD get such a ginormous speed boost?
Heh...

I think helmi_c_wantbe meant 6MB/Sec, not 6GB. Sandisk says the 8gb card is Class 4. (4MB/Sec)

-D
Old 01-18-2008, 06:20 PM
hadleyb

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
8 GB Micro

When I purchasd by Verizon Wireless XV6800 1st week of December, they were offering the 8 GB micro SD card as an accessory. I jumped and bought. Major problem, the XV6800 only recognizes up to 4 GB. Verizon tech support gave me a number to call to trade the 8 for maybe a couple 4's. Well see.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:24 PM
hadleyb

Micro SD Storage Capacity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by journey View Post
I read on some other threads that some people have had trouble running the 8Gb in the VX6800. Do you see the entire 8Gb? Did you have to install any updated drivers?
As noted, mine doesn't see the full 8 GB. Only 4.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:10 PM
hadleyb

Yes! 8 GB.

8 MB will work. Go here: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...working-2.html, then, see the post below from pdaphonehome.com.

Worked for me too. Got 7.6 GB now!
dfj4541

Posted : 12/11/2007 10:37:28 PM
I purchased the "SanDisk 3 in 1 Memory Kit - 8GB" (microSDHC card) from Verizon for $97.49 (with 25% business discount) before they reduced the XV6800's memory spec on their website from 8GB to 4GB. On initial installation, the memory showed only 4GB. Here are the steps I took to successfully get the full 8GB:
  1. Power down the XV6800.
  2. Remove the plastic tab from the memory slot and insert the 8GB card.
  3. Turn the XV6800 back on.
  4. Check the available memory from Start->Running Programs->Storage Card. It should show a little less than 4GB.
  5. Download SDHC.777.cab.zip file from http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/666225-post41.html to the desktop PC.
  6. Unzip this cabinet file to SDHC.777.cab (don't run it yet).
  7. Transfer SDHC.777.cab to your XV6800 using Microsoft ActiveSync. i.e. in ActiveSync go to Tools->Options and select "Files". This will create a "WM_{user name} My Documents" directory on your PC under "My Documents". Put SDHC.777.cab in that directory then synchronize via the USB cable.
  8. On the device, browse to SDHC.777.cab from Start->File Explorer
  9. Select SDHC.777 to run it, confirm that you are willing to run this file from an unknown source.
  10. After the install, it will prompt you to restart the XV6800, say Yes.
  11. Check the available memory from Start->Running Programs->Storage Card. It should now show a little less than 8GB.
Of course, it would be easier to download the CAB directly to the device (instead of steps 5-7).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

sherm1123 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to sherm1123
Re: 8GB micro SDHC - anyone tried one yet?

Thanks! That worked perfectly and now I have the 8 GB card working in my new VX6800. If anyone is looking for a card they are $99 at Verizon stores and after my 25% accesories discount $74.99. Not bad since Best Buy was sold out at $149.99!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan