PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
I don't see why you would buy a phone like this and not use vision. You're better off getting a PDA if you don't want mobile data capabilities.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeezie View Post
Thanks for the responses. For now, I've switched to Vision but if I decide I don't need it, then I'll try and disable the EVDO capabilities.

I'll keep you guys updated on whether or not they refund me!
It's nice to have vision anyway. Cheap unlimited data is the main reason I chose Sprint over the other major providers.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

PPC6700Newbie is a n00b
I had good luck (so far) having Sprint disable all Vision functions so that I can use the wifi without any unexplainable fees. We'll see when the bill arrives, though.

On a somewhat related matter - PLEASE HELP! I can connect to free wifi (for instance, Panera Bread works great on my 6700), but cannot connect to my WPA-protected home wifi. I have entered all information (phone's MAC, network's SSID, network key, phone MAC access to the network, etc.). The result: My phone recognizes/sees my hidden home wifi and lists the home network as an option (along with everybody else's in the neighborhood). But when I try to connect to it, it says "connecting" and tries for 10 seconds or so and then goes back to saying "available." I haven't yet successfully accessed this home network yet, despite success with public wifi. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance - and please use noob speak, as I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others!
Old 01-05-2008, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

Odeezie is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Odeezie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I don't see why you would buy a phone like this and not use vision. You're better off getting a PDA if you don't want mobile data capabilities.
Well I'm in an area that always has wifi, wherever I am so that feature really sold me. However, I DID want a phone that had mobile data capabilities just incase I felt like ordering it in the future. Also, I bought the phone for it's touch screen features and MS Office programs as well, and let's face it, most phones these days all have data capabilities whether you like it or not.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
you said 6700? If this is on a 6700 an/or WM5, i had no luck plugging in a long wpa key, like 128 bit or whatever. it was like 25 characters or something.
with winmo 6, i can copy and paste the wpa-psk whatever from a note to the field, and it connects with no problem.

so, if i'm reading you right, the only way to connect wifi with wm5 and/or a ppc6700 is to use a shorter passkey, like 8 characters or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC6700Newbie View Post
I had good luck (so far) having Sprint disable all Vision functions so that I can use the wifi without any unexplainable fees. We'll see when the bill arrives, though.

On a somewhat related matter - PLEASE HELP! I can connect to free wifi (for instance, Panera Bread works great on my 6700), but cannot connect to my WPA-protected home wifi. I have entered all information (phone's MAC, network's SSID, network key, phone MAC access to the network, etc.). The result: My phone recognizes/sees my hidden home wifi and lists the home network as an option (along with everybody else's in the neighborhood). But when I try to connect to it, it says "connecting" and tries for 10 seconds or so and then goes back to saying "available." I haven't yet successfully accessed this home network yet, despite success with public wifi. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance - and please use noob speak, as I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and others!
Old 01-06-2008, 04:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg
yup yup I got sprint to only charge me 10 for the vision package also which was only three bucks over the seven i was paying before
Old 01-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

KDiDDyDaDoN is a n00b
Who ever is having problems with Wi-Fi is getting pimped by Sprint? My Mogul detected my network in my house without a problem. Hell it picks up my neighbors without me wanting it to. All you have to do is enter the network key (assuming you have one which you should) and presto instant access. News flash Sprint lies. They tried to charge me for $25.00 in text messages when I have unlimited texting. Just gripe and complain and then tell them let me speak to your supervisor. They will eventually take off all charges and offer you something for free.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

shorty12411 is a n00b
Yep, I agee they tried to get me for 150.00 per cell phone, cause they did not advise us that using Wifi still connected to there pcs data charge. It was under 1 week and the charges made my bill like 500.00. I called Sprint and made them remove all of those invalid charges. Now i just readded the 15.00 a month vision. Its worth it...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan