PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Splash Screen Shows, but Can't Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefurby View Post
Well, while trying to do this, I got my phone stuck in bootloader and for some reason the titan_exitbl.exe isn't working. I am just going to assume that I bricked the radio and give up on it. Thanks for all your help.
Well, at least you know that you gave it your best shot. Sorry it is being difficult! :'(

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:33 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Well, while trying to do this, I got my phone stuck in bootloader and for some reason the titan_exitbl.exe isn't working. I am just going to assume that I bricked the radio and give up on it. Thanks for all your help.
I wouldn't give up yet. Generally if you can get into bootloader then you are not bricked, but that is NOT always the case.(some will tell you if you can get to bootloader you are not bricked)

I say this because your device is NOT doing the same thing. Maybe some more info in the exit bootloader other than "isn't working" would help.

I was not saying that you have a radio brick issue, just a possibility. Cuz I don't know what all you flashed. Also sometimes when exit bootloader doesn't work, then reflashing the rom again it boots.
But that titan is a dinosaur anyway, lol.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
hehe... but wouldn't it be cool if we still had some?
Old 02-28-2011, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

firefurby is keeping up the good workfirefurby is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I wouldn't give up yet. Generally if you can get into bootloader then you are not bricked, but that is NOT always the case.(some will tell you if you can get to bootloader you are not bricked)

I say this because your device is NOT doing the same thing. Maybe some more info in the exit bootloader other than "isn't working" would help.

I was not saying that you have a radio brick issue, just a possibility. Cuz I don't know what all you flashed. Also sometimes when exit bootloader doesn't work, then reflashing the rom again it boots.
You inspired me to try again. I got out of bootloader by flashing the stock Sprint ROM. The splash screen changed by the HTC Mobility logo, but still nada. The only LED that came on was the top right one which went green and then turned off.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:04 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
You inspired me to try again. I got out of bootloader by flashing the stock Sprint ROM. The splash screen changed by the HTC Mobility logo, but still nada. The only LED that came on was the top right one which went green and then turned off.
So you flashed the stock rom "AGAIN" and it got you out of bootloader?

Next step, place phone on top of head, go outside and run around your house, if phone remains on top of head without falling off. Try another flash.
Don't trot, run really fast.

Without device in front of me at this point, it is hard to tell, but don't look good.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Next step, place phone on top of head, go outside and run around your house, if phone remains on top of head without falling off. Try another flash.
Don't trot, run really fast.
Classic Mattsm advice there!! haha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan