PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

firefurby is keeping up the good workfirefurby is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Splash Screen Shows, but Can't Boot

So I have a Sprint Mogul and I'm trying to get it to boot. Right now when I try to start the phone, the splash screen flashes for less than a second and then the screen goes black and stays that way. Any ideas?

Current Bootloader:
SPL-2.47No2Chem Titan SPL EVT
CPLD-9

Current ROM
NueRom3pre3
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Splash Screen Shows, but Can't Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefurby View Post
So I have a Sprint Mogul and I'm trying to get it to boot. Right now when I try to start the phone, the splash screen flashes for less than a second and then the screen goes black and stays that way. Any ideas?
Humm... is this after flashing a new Rom, or just a new problem with the same Rom that was functioning correctly previously?

Old 02-23-2011, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

This is after flashing ROMs. I am currently trying to get ANYTHING working, but am failing miserably. I have tried reflashing NueRom3pre3 and stock Sprint 6.1. Tried reunlocking the bootloader and lots of other things, but nothing seems to be working.

EDIT: The RUU I use never says an Image name for what is currently on the device...

Last edited by firefurby; 02-23-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Humm... sounds like something went south there. Did you get something flashed on there that is working now?
Old 02-25-2011, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Humm... sounds like something went south there. Did you get something flashed on there that is working now?
Not at all. Seems like nothing will take.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:35 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefurby View Post
This is after flashing ROMs. I am currently trying to get ANYTHING working, but am failing miserably. I have tried reflashing NueRom3pre3 and stock Sprint 6.1. Tried reunlocking the bootloader and lots of other things, but nothing seems to be working.

EDIT: The RUU I use never says an Image name for what is currently on the device...
What radio are you running? Might even try a radio reflash just in case, radio could cause this.

Also you will not get image name in Ruu cuz you are not booted into rom so that it can read it, you are flashing via the bootloader, so not a big deal there.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:32 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Thank you for your input on this Mattsm! I am anxiously waiting to hear if it helped!!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
What radio are you running? Might even try a radio reflash just in case, radio could cause this.

Also you will not get image name in Ruu cuz you are not booted into rom so that it can read it, you are flashing via the bootloader, so not a big deal there.
I will try flashing the latest radio I can find. Do you perchance have the files for a known working ROM and Radio combo that I could use? TIA

EDIT: Found a download for the 3.42.40 Radio here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=417771
I installed it via the SD Card. After letting it finished, I rebooted and still saw the problem. Going to try flashing the Mattsm_23017_Sprint ROM now via SD Card to see if that helps.

EDIT2: Flash the ROM. Finished successfully, but still saw the problem. The image did change however.

Last edited by firefurby; 02-26-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:26 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well unfortunately you might have radio hardware failure, or even motherboard.

Not knowing what all you flashed, like accidently downgrading radio from gps to nongps, which can brick if you don't know what you are doing. It is hard to tell.

One thing to check, when first splash finishes, the radio turns on, which can be seen by the led's coming on. If they never come on and you know you had a good radio flash, then you may have a bricked device.

The best I can tell you at this point is, run the stock sprint ruu which contains rom and radio combination. If it boots, where it says tap screen to align, don't tap, soft reset device, that will keep the sprint customizations from running.

Here is a link to that rom: HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Mogulâ„¢ (Sprint) - Downloads
Version 3.56.651.0 | 02.01.2010

Good Luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
Well unfortunately you might have radio hardware failure, or even motherboard.

Not knowing what all you flashed, like accidently downgrading radio from gps to nongps, which can brick if you don't know what you are doing. It is hard to tell.

One thing to check, when first splash finishes, the radio turns on, which can be seen by the led's coming on. If they never come on and you know you had a good radio flash, then you may have a bricked device.

The best I can tell you at this point is, run the stock sprint ruu which contains rom and radio combination. If it boots, where it says tap screen to align, don't tap, soft reset device, that will keep the sprint customizations from running.

Here is a link to that rom: HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Mogulâ„¢ (Sprint) - Downloads
Version 3.56.651.0 | 02.01.2010

Good Luck.
Well, while trying to do this, I got my phone stuck in bootloader and for some reason the titan_exitbl.exe isn't working. I am just going to assume that I bricked the radio and give up on it. Thanks for all your help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan