PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

bluechip is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I ordered the Mogul from Sprint PCS and after reading the original post about the $5 unlimited data plan, I made sure to mention it to the Sprint rep I spoke with. She confirmed there was a $5 unlimited internet data plan and it is specifically called:

"MRC Sprint Power Vision Access Pack for Adsubs save offer"

I suppose if you tell them this exact package name, they know you called their bluff.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

bodacious253 is a n00b
i got the free incoming call so my data pack is 15.00. they said if i had a regular plan my data pack would be only 10.00
Old 12-09-2007, 04:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

halcyoncmdr is a n00b
I don't know what you all are smoking... but the lowest Unlimited Data plan for the Mogul is the $15 Power Vision Access Pack (Unless you have an EDRP, SERO, or Advantage Club plan).
Old 12-09-2007, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sturatt is a n00b
seriously, call them and say you dont want any of the extra stuff, just unlimited internet. They have a $5 unlimited internet only plan
Old 12-09-2007, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b
i just called sprint and the rep said that she didnt have the code to access that info. so she couldnt help me in any way on how to get that package
Old 12-09-2007, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sturatt is a n00b
I dont know what to say man, try again and hope for another rep i guess. my guy listed it off as one of the options for me right off the bat, and thats the one i have
Old 12-09-2007, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby
Carrier: sprint

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor
i got mine for $10.00
Old 12-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have the unlimited internet package for $10 from my old Apache days but I have never heard of the $5 unlimited until now. I'll have to check it out! The $10 plan was specifically made for the Apache and its not listed on Sprint's website you have to call CS.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|

Last edited by DiamynzNPearlz; 12-09-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

akijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowman1 View Post
I just got my Mogul last week and I have been really interested in working around it. I've especially been interested in watching Sprint TV on it, so I got the Sprint Vision Pack, only to find out that Mogul does not support Sprint TV or Radio.
After trying various hacked programs (without much success) I finally came to my senses, called Sprint to find out when the Mogul will support Sprint TV only to be told that it probably would never happen, and was advised to get MobiTV ($9.99 per month) or HandiTV ($24.99). Well, since I am paying for Sprint TV/Radio and was not getting the service, I asked the cs rep to give me an unlimited internet only data package, which he did for $10 per month (with picture mail included). I felt good with myself (saving $5 per month), but then thought about it, I don't want picture mail either (I never use the service), so why pay for it.
I now called Sprint back and spoke to another cs rep about removing the picture mail and giving me just unlimited internet data package and, voila!, she said that's fine and that will be $5 per month!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears!!!! I had spoken to over 10 Sprint cs reps during the period I have had my Mogul and not one person ever mentioned the fact that I can get an unlimited internet only package for $5 per month. And neither does the website over this info. So, for those Mogul users who just want plain old simple internet without any other bells and whistles, I'll suggest calling Sprint and asking for the $5 data package.

ps: I used the saving that I made over the $15 Sprint Vision Pack to get myself HandiTV. Now I have unlimited internet and TV on my Mogul for just $5 per month. Go figure!
Here's your problem, you got the "Sprint Vision Pack" which is for Vision phones. The mogul is a POWER Vision phone, so you needed a Power Vision pack. Now every time you use data you will get the casual $.0x/KB charge on your bill. However this is the rep's (common) mistake. When you see that on your bill, just call in and say "Hey I thought I had a data plan." The rep will see the problem. Now they'll make you switch to a power vision plan, which will cost more, but maybe if you complain a bit you can get them to discount it.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 700wx

Black Rainbow is a n00b
Thanks, I was wondering why SERO hadn't been mentioned, as it has unlimited data as part of the package.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
I don't know what you all are smoking... but the lowest Unlimited Data plan for the Mogul is the $15 Power Vision Access Pack (Unless you have an EDRP, SERO, or Advantage Club plan).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan