PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Yellowman1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Sprint TV, Sprint Data Pack & Mogul.

I just got my Mogul last week and I have been really interested in working around it. I've especially been interested in watching Sprint TV on it, so I got the Sprint Vision Pack, only to find out that Mogul does not support Sprint TV or Radio.
After trying various hacked programs (without much success) I finally came to my senses, called Sprint to find out when the Mogul will support Sprint TV only to be told that it probably would never happen, and was advised to get MobiTV ($9.99 per month) or HandiTV ($24.99). Well, since I am paying for Sprint TV/Radio and was not getting the service, I asked the cs rep to give me an unlimited internet only data package, which he did for $10 per month (with picture mail included). I felt good with myself (saving $5 per month), but then thought about it, I don't want picture mail either (I never use the service), so why pay for it.
I now called Sprint back and spoke to another cs rep about removing the picture mail and giving me just unlimited internet data package and, voila!, she said that's fine and that will be $5 per month!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears!!!! I had spoken to over 10 Sprint cs reps during the period I have had my Mogul and not one person ever mentioned the fact that I can get an unlimited internet only package for $5 per month. And neither does the website over this info. So, for those Mogul users who just want plain old simple internet without any other bells and whistles, I'll suggest calling Sprint and asking for the $5 data package.

ps: I used the saving that I made over the $15 Sprint Vision Pack to get myself HandiTV. Now I have unlimited internet and TV on my Mogul for just $5 per month. Go figure!
Old 12-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

joneswashu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to joneswashu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowman1 View Post
I just got my Mogul last week and I have been really interested in working around it. I've especially been interested in watching Sprint TV on it, so I got the Sprint Vision Pack, only to find out that Mogul does not support Sprint TV or Radio.
After trying various hacked programs (without much success) I finally came to my senses, called Sprint to find out when the Mogul will support Sprint TV only to be told that it probably would never happen, and was advised to get MobiTV ($9.99 per month) or HandiTV ($24.99). Well, since I am paying for Sprint TV/Radio and was not getting the service, I asked the cs rep to give me an unlimited internet only data package, which he did for $10 per month (with picture mail included). I felt good with myself (saving $5 per month), but then thought about it, I don't want picture mail either (I never use the service), so why pay for it.
I now called Sprint back and spoke to another cs rep about removing the picture mail and giving me just unlimited internet data package and, voila!, she said that's fine and that will be $5 per month!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears!!!! I had spoken to over 10 Sprint cs reps during the period I have had my Mogul and not one person ever mentioned the fact that I can get an unlimited internet only package for $5 per month. And neither does the website over this info. So, for those Mogul users who just want plain old simple internet without any other bells and whistles, I'll suggest calling Sprint and asking for the $5 data package.

ps: I used the saving that I made over the $15 Sprint Vision Pack to get myself HandiTV. Now I have unlimited internet and TV on my Mogul for just $5 per month. Go figure!

Thanks. I did not know about the unlimited internet plan for $5 dollars so i'm going to do that immediately.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowman1 View Post

If you flash to one of the custom Rom's, there are several that have Sprint TV for the Mogul. I have it for my Mogul and it works fine. I think Colonel's ROM is one of them...

Old 12-06-2007, 11:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mias_Daddy is just getting started
I am trying to watch NFL Network tonight and it states that it is unavailable error 007...this sucks rocks cuz I am trying to watch that game since I am away from home..Grrrrrrr...
Old 12-06-2007, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor
Read up, and search. There are threads around giving specific instructions about how to get Sprint TV working on a Mogul. I am running the 2.17 ROM with the 1.47.01 and it is still working perfectly for me. There are a few steps to get it to work on our device that need to be followed.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sturatt is a n00b
do you need the $15 data plan that include SprintTV in order to use it in the custom roms? or, will the $5 unlimited internet do it?

also, does this orb program that i've heard about (that streams media from your computer) work with the $5 unlimited internet?
Old 12-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

smpluke is a n00b
Sprint TV

Using your advise, I called up Sprint to get a deal on the Internet access only package. I have a mogul 6800 and it wont play Sprint TV. They told me the lowest plan they have is the $15.00 plan. Even after I told them I know of other people that have a $5.00 plan. They told me those people must work for Sprint.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sturatt is a n00b
That is weird. I called them yesterday and asked about their unlimited data plan, and he listed the $5 (internet + pic mail), $10 (that + video mail), and $15 (all that + sprint tv, radio, and navigation)
Old 12-08-2007, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800, Moto ic902

wzach is just getting started
You got HOSED

No such thing as a $5 data pack. You probably got the Picture Mail pack that will charge you casual data so watch your invoice. $10 for Hybrid phones........Please people check the credibility of people who post.
1st off, Sprint tv doesnt and wont work on the mogul until the rom update. They have network blocked it. Mobi TV is the same selection as the Xtra pack. You shouldnt be getting anything other than the $15 pack unless you have the bluetooth adapter for the navigation. There will be more use for the $20 packs as well as the $25 and $30 packs, and if you think thats too much, it still the best price and the fastest data for the dollar. No other provider can touch these packs, especially with rev a around the corner.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sturatt is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzach View Post
No such thing as a $5 data pack. You probably got the Picture Mail pack that will charge you casual data so watch your invoice. $10 for Hybrid phones........Please people check the credibility of people who post.
1st off, Sprint tv doesnt and wont work on the mogul until the rom update. They have network blocked it. Mobi TV is the same selection as the Xtra pack. You shouldnt be getting anything other than the $15 pack unless you have the bluetooth adapter for the navigation. There will be more use for the $20 packs as well as the $25 and $30 packs, and if you think thats too much, it still the best price and the fastest data for the dollar. No other provider can touch these packs, especially with rev a around the corner.
I just called them last night, and the guy list all of my options for unlimited data plans that i could add. he listed one for $5, one for $10, one for $15.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan